Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #1

SUN #597
henryj
FL Panhandle State Parks

Beach front parks seem to be filling quickly for longer blocks of time, but I did manage to get 2 weeks in March at Topsail. It's a bit pricey, but we've been there before and like it.

I'm looking for one or two more parks to extend our stay. Blackwater SP near Pensacola looks interesting. Has anyone been there and can make a suggestion... or other parks in the general Pensacola/Panama City area--not necessarily on the coast.

Also, anyone with favorite overnight stops along I65. We've already been to Mammoth Caves, but otherwise have had pretty forgettable RV parks.

It feels strange planning this trip in Aug. before the current camping season is done, but a lot of prime spots are already booked solid.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #2

SUN #78
tedontario
Hi Henry;

The Panhandle has some fabulous beaches. WE stayed at Henderson Beach State Park for 11 nights this past May. We found it late and had to move 6 times but it was great. While there we found a site that we like and next April we will be there for 14 nights.
There is a campground at exit 168 off I65 at Montgomery AL. It is right when you exit and a short drive to highway 331 which goes due south to Emerald Coast highway. There is a campground in Kentucky called General Butler State Park. It is right off I 71 being over 63 it is only 20.00 22.00 if under. The sites are paved and there is electric and water. The only flaw there is the connections where we were, were quite a distance from the site. We do carry lots of water hose and electric cords, so for us not a problem. In Ohio off I75 exit 127 turn left there is a place called Ottawa Metro Park. The sites are very nice level paved and over 60 they are only 15.00 under 60 they are 20.00 The washrooms are the best we have seen. From Our location in Essex it is too close if we leave early but when we leave late it is perfect. It isn't fancy it is on your honor check in. There is a pool there but the sites are real nice we feel just perfect for a night stop.

I hope this helps have a great trip and part of the fun of the trip is the planning. WE spend lots of time and Google Earth looking at it all and talk on endlessly about where to stop etc.

Ted
tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote