Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #1

SUN #880
ronnyr
first camping trip

Hi, Finally took our sunline for its first camping trip. Went to Colorado from Florida. Went through Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and eventually to Colorado for a wedding. Stayed at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Nice new park! Full hook ups and very clean, just need to be bear aware and watch out for other wildlife.
The Sunline did well traveling, except for the shower leaking and the refrigerator crapping out on the way back to florida through Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. Went through a major storm in Nebraska that almost took the coach! Stayed at a KOA on the way to Illinois and winds must have been at least 75 mph! Only damage was to the awning. Even though it was rolled up, the wind pulled it out and snapped it back. Messed up the spring a little. Have to work on that.
Stopped at High Falls State Park in Georgia for the night on the way back to Florida. Nice park just off of I-75 with a good catfish restaurant nearby and lots of little waterfalls. Had to pitch everything from the frig at that point because it got warm. Otherwise a good first trip. I will try to post a photo from Colorado here. Looking forward to the next time camping which probably won't be until November when the weather starts to cool off here. Then heading to Daytona Beach for the Turkey Rod Run. Ronny
[/img]

Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ronny

Here is your pic. When you copied it in from photobucket it comes with the IMG commands. you added them twice which is why it would not post. We only see the command string

I must say, this is one long 1st camping trip.... WOW.

Thanks for sharing. Nice looking camping rig.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #3

SUN #78
tedontario
HI Ronny;

We have a 2004 2499 which developed a water leak in the shower. We didn't realize how bad it was until to floor below the cushion floor and the carpet in the bed room were soaked. We used a shop vac and dehumidifier plus lots of towels and rags to soak it up. The end result is there is a slight bump in the floor outside the shower. The cure for us was to change the tap set. We put in a brass set that will far out last the cheap plastic that was there. We attributed our problem to driving down a very rough road near Gaylord MI to visit good friends. Was your leak in the tap set? The trip you took was sure a great one. AS for the fridge we have not had any problem there. After years with a very nice looking but old popup with out a good fridge this is just great.

Ted
tedontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #4

SUN #880
ronnyr
Thanks for getting my photo posted. I still haven't quite figured that one out.
Our shower seems to be the drain as far as I can tell at this point. When we arrived in Colorado, the campground had paved sites, so I noticed a puddle under the coach. when I crawled under there, I noticed someone had poked holes under the drain. I poured some water into the drain and it came out their holes, so I hope that is the only problem. I need to check the water lines though, just to make sure there are not other issues.
The frig stopped working when we finally got it to work on propane. Not sure yet what that is.
Thanks for your help. I am going to spend today seeing if I can figure out what happened to the frig. I am going to post something on the forum here and see if anyone has had a similar problem, so maybe I can get an idea of where to start. I checked the fuses and everything else according to the manual, and it still doesn;t work. Ronny