Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Finally Saw Another Sunline - An Old One at That!

So I know I've joked about not seeing any other Sunlines on the Road while on our travels. While on the road for 6 months straight, I can count the number of Sunline's we've seen on one hand.

Then last week, while in Nashville TN, we spot another Sunline passing us in the opposite direction, and we're un-hooked, so they cant even tell that we're fellow Sunline Owners

We pulled into this little campground off I-24, and grabbed a spot for a few days. 1/2 the campground had people that lived there year-round and the other half was for vacationers. While walking the dogs one day, I spotted an old Sunline hidden back in the Year-Round side and tried to knock on the door to ask some questions, but got no answer.

I usually dont like taking pictures of somebodies camper without permission, but I figured The Sunline Fan would get such a rise out of seeing this classic, that it would be worth breaking a few rules.

It looked like it had seen better days, and I couldnt even tell what type it was. It had the dual doors like the 2499's do, but I think a few other models have the dual doors floorplan?

I've also noticed that in this southern heat, window units are the norm, and aluminum foil over the windows does wonders to keep the heat out. I'll be totally honest and say that we actually put some aluminum foil over the windows in our bedroom because the afternoon sun would bring the temperatures up to 90 degrees in there

Thought I'd share a few pic's with ya'll. I have now moved onto my other hand with the number of Sunline's we've seen. We also passed a dealer in Manchester that had 3 in their lot, but I dont really count them.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pat,

That's a pretty rough looking '85. I'll bet it doesn't have many road miles though. One way to tell is if it has the original hubcaps, which were chrome, 6-spoke covers. I don't see very many of these hubcaps, as most of the '84-'85 (the only years that used those hubcaps) units I see have something else on the wheels, or are just missing them.

I can tell it hasn't seen much sun since the 20th Anniversary logo is in such good shape. It probably has been preserved under the tree with the expense of the roof and stone guard. From the looks of the stone guard, I would hate to see the roof! From your pictures, it's hard to tell what model it is. I looked on the '85 brochure and most of the models on there have double doors. From the pictures, it looks about a 22'-26', but I'm not sure without seeing the full window pattern.

So, with what I can gather from the pictures, my wild guess is the T-2461 or 2463, depending or not if has a rear storage compartment door. The 2461 has a door and the 2463 does not.

I know what you mean about taking pics of other peoples' units without permission. We were coming back from our out east trip last year and stopped for the night at a KOA in western PA. The place was loaded with Sunline's and I had to take pics of them all. It was the middle of the week, so no one was there and I took advantage of the opportunity. I especially wanted pics of a '94 TT that was about 35'. I never had seen one that long before, and there's no mention of it in the '94 brochure. I tried not to get too close to any of the units, but I got what I needed.

Thanks for the pics,
Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #3

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Nashville

Hey Pat,

Sorry for going off topic, but I have been wanting to ask you guys how Fan Fair was? DW and I go every few years. We went last year so we didn't make it this year. Every time we don't go, I wish I had. If you like Country Music it is the best time for a little $.

Did you get to Wild Horse? Best fried pickles I ever had. As I recall the local brews are not bad either. Only problem was everytime I asked for a bourbon, I got that stuff made in Tenn. Like they never heard of Makers Mark!

Hope you had a great time,
MM
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
We were down in Lancaster today at Mellott Bros. RV and they had a 1991 2260 (I think) Sunline with a "sold" sign on it. The people still had the intact owner's manuel in the wardrobe. It was in pretty good shape for it's age. They also have a 1982 with the same floorplan, but the back corners leaked and the wall is rotted. As usual we passed one (looked like the smallest SR model) on the way home too. Come on up to PA and spend some time in Sunline country
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #5

SUN #115
emam
Hey Makers Mark, the Fan Fair event was pretty wild as it was both mine and Cindy's first time. I was overwhelmed by the amount of country music stars there. It seemed like every time we turned around, there was one walking past.

We had press passes and got to go to a few shows that were really cool. We also got to get right upfront for the big shows at night in LP Field.

I agree with you, if you're a country music fan, it's the best bang for the buck!!

Wait till you see our review of the Makers Mark Distillery!!! We're going to tour it in a few days. I'll make sure we get you something cool!!

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetse
We were down in Lancaster today at Mellott Bros. RV and they had a 1991 2260 (I think) Sunline with a "sold" sign on it. The people still had the intact owner's manuel in the wardrobe. It was in pretty good shape for it's age. They also have a 1982 with the same floorplan, but the back corners leaked and the wall is rotted. As usual we passed one (looked like the smallest SR model) on the way home too. Come on up to PA and spend some time in Sunline country
Pam,

They must not be too proud of their Sunline's down at Mellott Bros. I was just on their website and all they had was an '06 2075 listed. Nothing older.

Jon

P.S. I'm on my way down to Sunline country in August, but I did pass a '99, '87, and '88 on the highway today, so we have some here too!

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote