Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Fan-Tastic Power vent cover

Hello all you happy Sunline owners! Do we not have good taste . We wannt to buy and install a cover for our Fan-Tastic fan. They are available at General RV and the book says easy installation. Is this something a slightly mechanical person could put on. I assume I would have to put a cusion on the roof to spread the weight, drill some holes in the frame of the vent, then mount cover. I want to buy it then mount it while I am camping for a week in Manitoba.
Ted

Old 07-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #2

SUN #115
emam
We had ours installed at General RV, but they look like it would be a ten minute job.

Like you said, just a few holes with a cordless drill and the rest is a couple of screws.

Good Luck

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Ted,

If you're talking about the MaxAir Vent Covers, they are real easy to install, no drilling into the roof, they attach to the screws of the vent. Very easy to do and you can do it yourself. Here's a link to installatin instructions for the various MaxAir vents.

There are two types of MaxAir Vent Covers that you can use.
There is the Standard

Which you can pick up at any RV Dealer and some Wal-Marts, costs under $30US. People have used these with their Fantastic Fans with no problem. Some have replaces the screening with different screening to provide greater air flow.

Then MaxAir has one designed for power vents, like the Fantastic-Fan, it’s the Fan-Mate.

Costs ~ $80 at Camping World, but is designed to provide greater air flow. But seems like some people don't like this cover because it creates a lot of dirt on the roof because the fins are pointing down to the roof.

Here’s a thread on the Open Roads Forum that talks about this specific subject.

Personally if I had a fantastic-fan I would use the standard MaxAir vent cover and replacing its screen to create greater air flow.

For getting on the roof, just make sure you have some plywood (or boards) that spans multiple roof trusses for support. I also put some carpet on the underside of the plywood for added protection of the rubber roof.

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote