Join Date: Dec 2006
I hate to break it to you, but $4000 would be a very difficult sell.
For something that old, you'd be lucky to get $3000 tops, and even that may be a little high.
The average '83 I would consider to have:
- A replacement electric-only refrigerator (it's common to do that) or the original one but not working.
- Fair condition in and out.
- OK tires (not new, but still usable).
- Original or re-covered but aged cushions.
- Minor water damage around roof vents and/or windows, possibly in the main ceiling corners.
- No noticeable structural damage to floor
- Original vinyl flooring in fair condition (showing some wear but not terrible)
- All appliances minus refrigerator present and working (water heater, furnace, water pump, converter, stove/oven)
- Surface rust on stove/oven/hood vent is OK.
- Exterior decals showing some sun fading, possibly cracking.
- Door decals missing or partially there.
- Aluminum siding in fair condition- no major damage (holes, cut outs, etc.), but small dings OK, especially on the front.
- Hubcaps all or partially present, possibly replacements included, but all matched.
- Fenderskirts present and possibly cracked, but not missing pieces.
- Rock guard present, but with fiberglass dirty and striping faded and cracked.
A coach meeting all of that criteria runs about sells for around $1200-$2200 in today's market depending on specific condition, location, and any modifications/repairs.
Coaches exceeding any of those criteria will have the value increase some, and usually includes improvements to multiple areas above. I don't think I've ever seen a 1983 sell for $4000 or over, and that's over the last five years that I've been watching. I saw a few in the $3000 range back before the economy tanked, but that's gone now.
The fact that your coach is a one-owner certainly adds value, but I wouldn't add more than $500 for that.
Based on what I've seen lately, here's a guide for pricing in today's market for everyone:
Pre-1980: Average $200-$800, Overall range roughly $0-$1500.
1981-1985: Average $1000-$2200, Overall range roughly $0-$3000.
1986-1990: Average $1500-$2500, Overall range roughly $1000-$3000
1991-1995: Average $2500-$3500, Overall range roughly $2500-$4000
1996-2000 Non Slide: Average $3500-$5000, Overall range roughly $3000-$6000
1996-2000 Slide: Average $5500-$7000, Overall range roughly $5000-$8000
While this seems to be what I've seen for the 2001-2007 models, it really is best to consult the blue book for these because the value does really vary a lot for each year, versus the older ones don't differ much between the years.
2001-2004 Non-slide: Average $6500-$9000, Overall range roughly $6000-$8500
2001-2004 Slide: Average $9000-$11000, Overall Average $8500-$12,000
2005-2007 Non-slide: Average $9500-$11,000, Overall range roughly $9000-$12,500
2005-2007 Slide: Average $12,000-$18,000, Overall range roughly #11,500-$20,000
These numbers have no statistical backing, they are just general observations I've seen in the past few months.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR