Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Custom Bike Rack

In regards to the other post about the bike rack, I figured I would go snap some pictures of what my Motorcycle rack looks like. This could be converted into a bicycle rack very easily.

Since Cindy and I full time, we brought along a Dual Sport Motorcycle so we dont have to unhook the Truck from the 2499 everytime we stop.

With fuel prices at an all time high, and the motorcycle getting 50 miles to the gallon, we figured it is a lot cheaper to run around town on this then it is in a Diesel truck and the parking alone has saved us enough money to make it worth while.

I've gotten so many emails asking to see detailed pictures, I thought I'd post some on here for all to see.

This is what it looks like when it's loaded and ready to go. We had General RV, in Michigan weld a receiver on the back of the Coach so we dont have to worry about watching the bike come tumbling by us on the road. The Hitch-Haul rack behind the bike holds various hoses and our Camp Mat ground covering.

This is the way the ramp looks and I can walk the bike up by myself.

The ramp hooks into a slot we torched in the channel that holds the tire of the motorcycle.

After a few thousand miles on the road, the bike was getting trashed from the road grime and the constant sun beating down on it. We found a bike cover by www.dirtbagdesigns.com that allows the tie-downs to come out of the cover and still stay attached. With multiple straps and the ease of putting it on and taking it off, I'd recommend it to anyone who hauls a bike or scooter on the back of their RV.

The final item we added that made all the difference was some turnbuckles that keep the rack from swaying. If I could have done it over, I would have had two recievers welded at each end to stop the wobble, but the turnbuckles have really stopped it completely, so no complaints here.

You can see tons more pictures on our website at www.everymilesamemory.com

Let me know if anyone wants more detailed pictures

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote