Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #1

SUN #11584
MikePasta is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple of questions concerning my Sunny

I have a new-to-me 2004 Solaris T-2075. I've been doing some odds and ends to her, getting her ready for next season. I've already replaced all of the flex-vent secondary to critters making their homes in there, a LOT of cleaning, and some minor repairs, etc. I have 2 questions that I just can't figure out and I've tried searching these forums (probably overlooked my answer) and Googling the 'net.

1. The OEM maple paper towel holder. I know it came originally with the camper as it is listed on the invoice. My question? Where does it mount?? There are 2 screw holes in it but they appear to have never been used. I'm looking all over trying to figure out where it was intended to be mounted but I can't find anywhere! I'm guessing it was never intended to be mounted and is just supposed to sit on the counter or somewhere. Ideas?

2. There is a maple picture frame mounted on the wall that I'm not sure if it's OEM or aftermarket. The wood is definitely maple and is an exact match for all of the wood inside. The picture isn't bad (it's a black and white picture of a road), but I'd like to be able to change it out if possible. The isn't any opening that I can see or feel and the backside of the wall it's on is the bathroom. I have tried pushing it straight up and sliding it left and right with pretty good force. I have even tried to rotate it left and right (like the OEM analog clock) without any luck. My guess is that it's mounted with 3M double-sided tape and there really isn't any gap between the picture and the wall. Any ideas on this one?
Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b w picture.jpg (266.1 KB, 4 views)

Old 10-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Slip some fishing line down behind it if it's double tape you maybe able to cut threw it. If nothing else you maybe able to figure out what's holding it.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
The maple paper towel holder is shipped loose from the factory. They allow "you" to mount it where you want it. Just heads up on mounting, maker sure you find wall studs to mount it too. The wall are only 1/8" thick luan plywood.

I made an extra shelf by our kitchen sink and mounted it under the shelf. I also added a pivoting wood flap to go over the rod pole end to have the pole stop coming out going down the road.

The picture, that is the 2004 Sunline picture! Every 2004 has one from the factory. See mine between the 2 windows in our slide.

While a nice frame picture, my wife really was not into it... It is bonded using double sided foam tape. Some have been lucky and using goo gone on a fishing line, keep dipping the goo gone and then sawing with the fishing line back and forth have managed to get them off. Then deal with the stuck on tape on the wall board. I myself have never done the removal process as I was too concerned of messing up the wall. Some have tried and ripped the foam from the wall and left no wall paper and then had to deal with that.

Here was my wifes solution. She is into paper piecing I think they call it with material. It is held on with the 3M command mounting tabs and the material has hoops to go over the 3M hook. We left the pic on the wall.

I do camper mod's with wood and steel. The wife uses yarn and material.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePasta View Post
I have 2 questions that I just can't figure out and I've tried searching these forums (probably overlooked my answer) and Googling the 'net.
To help with searching our forum, there are 2 ways. Using the embedded search feature on the forum software. It works some, but often not the greatest.

Our Admin created a Custom Google Search just for our forum. It works very well. See here for more search and the Google search link.
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f1...html#post86049

The Google Custom search link is also in my signature.

Here is a link I found using the google custom search. There are also folks wanting to remove mirrors. The mirrors seem to be double sided foam taped and glued in some cases http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...html#post84416

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #5

SUN #11584
MikePasta is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you all! I kinda like JohnB's idea but will have to figure out a way to make and mount a new shelf. I will probably do what the original owner did... put the wooden paper towel holder away and use a plastic carrying kind to use inside and out.

As far as the picture goes, I actually like, as does my son, so it will probably stay original. We shall see. Lol

Thank you for the search tips as well! I'm so glad I joined this group!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePasta View Post
As far as the picture goes, I actually like, as does my son, so it will probably stay original. We shall see. Lol
Awesome!

While I haven't done a study on the different wall pictures used in Sunlines (I kinda want to now), they did change them every couple years at least. The following year, 2005, had a custom one done for the 40th anniversary that featured a local (to the factory) Pennsylvania Dutch farm and buggies.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote