Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-05-2015, 07:35 PM   #1

SUN #7525
sogosinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering a Sunline

Hi everyone,

I have been a long time owner of a classic Holiday Rambler motorhome but have decided to let her go. I have been given an opportunity to do a trade for what is described as a 1988 Sunline Anniversary edition travel trailer. I am told it is 18 feet long and has bunks in the back. Can anyone tell me about the history and maybe what the value is? It appears to be in pretty good shape with no leaks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

SUN #7656
chucksterfxw is an unknown quantity at this point
Love our Sunline 2363 24'. The only problem I see is the company is out of business so no way to contact them with questions. I was warned about this while we were looking for a camper and would do thing different if there is a next time.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The coach is the only thing that is not standard every thing else you will find in every camper made. I doubt if you can buy cabinet door for instance for any thing out there but you can buy a new water heater for any thing or wheel bearing and a fridge.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:44 AM   #4

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum Bill
AS far as owning any Sunline, we all here feel they're the cat's meow. 99.9% of us feel they're best trailer ever made. That said, it depends how the previous owner took care of his/hers.

I have a 1985 T1350 known as a 13 footer and the Sunline brand is measured by its cabin/coach portion of the trailer. Other makers measure theirs from tongue to rear bumper (tip to tip).
When I bought mine it was in decent condition mechanically but I wanted mine perfect. I bought a lot of plastic fittings, roof vents, interior and exterior lights and other exterior pieces. I found most RV dealers carry all the components I needed, since 99% of those pieces are universal for all trailers. The only thing I can't find is a thermostat for our Atwood oven.
We even found wood paneling for an inside wall from Home Depot, the match was so close you'd have to look twice to notice the difference.

Sunline went out of business in 2006. and if you search our threads you'll see another thread where a few of us would like to see the Sunline brand brought back.

If you're a do-it-yourselfer you should have no problems with the maintenance. The older ANYTHING is the more walk-around checks you make just to know your trailer (or your car, or your house, or your boat).

The trailer you just bought is most likely the model I would seek next. We love ours but it's a tad too small. Great for my wife and I and for traveing long hauls but too small when we have the 4 grandkids .

There are many knowledgeable here to help you along the way.
Hope this helps

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote