Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #1

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Cocktail Hour / Holiday Weekend

This group is the only RV forum I have participated in. The Sunline Coach is that important to me and I fell this forum will be important to all of us as time goes on. I do however get a lot of good information from other sites as well. One topic called Cocktail Hour II on the Trailer Life site peaked my curiosity. I almost signed up to post as my "handle" refects my favorite cocktail. Just as I was about to make the plunge I started to see people listing Makers Mark as their favorite cocktail mixed with Coke and another with Seven-Up. What sacriledge! Makers must be appreciated as bottled, mixed with just a little air to enjoy it properly. MHO.
Now with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek I wish everyone a happy holiday weekend.
Regards,
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #2

SUN #225
Mark
Coming from Easton, shirley you know about Weyerbacher's beer ----which was stored in bourbon casks don't you?

My favorite of the bunch: http://www.weyerbacher.com/cwo.php?id=7&page_id=18

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #3

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Mark,
Yes I do. A good brew.
And don't call me Shirley.
MM
SUN # 132
Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #4

SUN #115
emam
Hey Mark, owning a bar for 6 years and having bartended all of my life, 99% of the Makers Mark drinkers I've seen drink it neat on the rocks. We went through a few bottles a week.

There were a few that mixed it with Coke, and when asked why they were mixing it, they would reply, that's my drink, dont ask questions.

I've never understood the people that order a top shelf liquor, and then mix it with cranberry juice or in a Bloody Mary?

Why would you order a $20 shot of vodka, and mix it with juice? Why do you order a $40 shot of Tequila and use salt and lemon?? Why would you order a $50 shot of aged to perfection Scotch and add ice to water it down?!?!? These are a knowledgable bartenders pet-peeves.

Have you ever tried the cigars that are dipped in Makers Mark? :P

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #5

SUN #225
Mark
My downtown Pittsburgh, after-work hangout is a bar with 200 beers, some upper end bourbon, and nice collection of cigars.

I have seen some limited dipping, but I have never tried. I try to keep myslef at a one Cigar per month, as I have too many expensive habits already.

Maybe I will try that trick sometime.

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #6

SUN #219
What6308
Send a message via AIM to What6308 Send a message via Yahoo to What6308
Makers Mark or Knob Creek... Either on the rocks or with a splash of Ginger Ale (Seagram's only).
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #7

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Hey "Mark", the cigars "emam" refers to come in a glass sleeve and are sealed with the signature red wax seal. They are very good, I have a few in the humidor.

"What 6308", don't tell the boss at Makers Mark, Bill Samuels, but I do like Knob Creek and also will partake in Buffalo Trace from time to time. However, I enjoy neat, no water no ice. Not even Seagrams Ginger.

I concur to "emam", he is the professional. There is just some bourbon's that are meant to be enjoyed neat. I have to admit that if anyone comes over asking for a mixed bourbon drink, I pull the no name brand out from under the cabinet. I won't use my Makers Mark!
SUN # 132
Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #8

SUN #115
emam
Yep, the cigars I was refering to are the ones that come in the glass tube and are sealed with the signature Red Wax. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.

I'm not much of a Bourbon drinker, but if I do have a sip, I'd go with the Woodford Reserve. The bottle is signed by the brewmaster and numbered with the cask number on them. It's as smooth as a single malt but much deeper flavors.

Dont get me started on expensive habits.....If Cindy even sees me reading some new magazine, she'll roll her eyes and say "Come on, not another habit" Between the Cameras, the Guns/Knives, the Computers, the Mountain Bikes, and the Motorcycle, I can spend money faster than she can make it....

Lucky for me she is happy floating down the river in her kayak and ending the day with a nice meal, opening one of her deep, dry red wines that she now has me hooked on. Ahh the simple life, a Sunline TT backed up to a nice lake campsite with a campfire and a nice bottle of Joseph Phellps or Opus One.....Wake Up PAT!!!!!

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #9

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Emam, you paint a pretty picture.
MM
SUN # 132
Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #10

SUN #219
What6308
Send a message via AIM to What6308 Send a message via Yahoo to What6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makers Mark
Hey "Mark", the cigars "emam" refers to come in a glass sleeve and are sealed with the signature red wax seal. They are very good, I have a few in the humidor.

"What 6308", don't tell the boss at Makers Mark, Bill Samuels, but I do like Knob Creek and also will partake in Buffalo Trace from time to time. However, I enjoy neat, no water no ice. Not even Seagrams Ginger.

I concur to "emam", he is the professional. There is just some bourbon's that are meant to be enjoyed neat. I have to admit that if anyone comes over asking for a mixed bourbon drink, I pull the no name brand out from under the cabinet. I won't use my Makers Mark!
Understood, but they are the only two bourbons I allow in the house on a regular basis.