Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #1

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
CGs in Cooperstown NY area

I see there are many around the Oneonta Cooperstown NY area. Can someone recommend a good one we can stay at after the June Sunline rally? Since we'll be a good part of the way there from TN, we plan on going up to visit relatives near these two towns. I'd like to hear anyone else's experience staying anywhere in that area.

Necessary are the usual hookups plus wifi.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Our daughter goes to college in Oneonta and when we go visit her with the trailer we always camp at Susquehanna Trail Campground. It's a good home base when we visit her.

It’s convenient to the college, just outside the town of Oneonta. We always get one of the sites in the back area. The sites are open (not much shade), but they’re flat spacious sites with full hook-ups - but no WiFi. The owner is very nice and accommodating. It does have a pool, that looks nice, but we've never used it.

If you are looking for a home base (i.e., a place to set the trailer up and sleep while visiting relatives), if Oneonta is close to the people you want to visit, Susquehanna Trail Campground would work out well.

However, if having WiFi is a necessity, there is another campground in Oneonta - Deer Haven Campground. This campground has full hook-up sites and WiFi, but its entrance is a very steep gravel road. We’ve driven through it, but have never stayed there.

There’s a lot of campgrounds around Cooperstown, but we’ve never camped there so we can’t provide any insight or information on those.

Hope this helps some.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 AM   #3

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Hutch. Yes, we need access to wifi but the websites don't always mention if they have it or not. I didn't see it mentioned on either site. I guess I'll have to do more Googling and start calling the CGs and ask when it's not mentioned. We can live without the TV or cellphones, but we have to have access to the net. My family almost all live between Cooperstown and Oneonta so we would have a wide choice of CGs in that area.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #4

SUN #382
Mooney
AVOID the "Cooperstown "famous" Family Campground-

s-c-a-r-y.... rustic doesn't begin to describe this place. Their advertised "petting zoo" is more like "disgustingly neglected farm animals that need to be put out to better homes last year". Restroom facilities are remniscent of time spent at summer camp as a Boy Scout, but with running water- although the stench and buildings are the same.

Shower facilities are minimal at best.

I've been meaning to update my campground reviews, but we moved and I've not yet found the box that has all my stuff in it.

DO, however, check out the Fly Creek Cider Mill that is located near there. Delicious goodies aboud (although camper parking IS limited).
'05 2380s Solaris Lite, axles flipped
Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote