Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Cautions for Ice

Ok, I know the laughs are going to come-a-flyin and I expect them. I hadnt heard any of the forecasts for the ice storm and was working in the coach all night installing a new flatscreen LCD.

In the morning when I woke up, the antenna which was left up, was covered in ice Now here is the funny part - the reception is better than before?!?!

The problem is, we were planning on leaving Michigan on Sunday to start our trip, and I'm wondering how to get the ice off of the antenna? I'm thinking of sitting myself on the roof in my warmest clothes with a blow-dryer in hand till I can at least crank it down.

In the future, watch the forecast and make sure nothing that needs to be raised or lowered is up or down when a storm is approaching.

Ok, bring on the jokes and name calling...Ha! Ha!

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #2

SUN #105
mbart5fan
Maybe those see-thru vertical elements may have boosted your reception. The unfortunate side is you'll have to turn the coach around instead of the antenna for a while. Just cleaned last night's snow form the driveway and it's like a skating rink under it. I hope there's no damage to your coach caused by the ice.

Mike

Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #3

SUN #115
emam
We spent the day packing things up to leave Sunday. I melted the ice by standing up there and getting the bulk of it with a hair dryer and then dumped a gallon of hot water out of the tap which got rid of the rest.

Biggest problem was getting into the hatch doors. Those things freeze pretty good.

Dont think I did any damage, but I'll guess I know once I hit some warm weather and the next rain storm

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote