Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #21

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
I just realized why I got no responses for Ledgewood campground in Queensbury NY-It doesn't exist! I got the name wrong, it's Ledgeview Village RV park. Has anyone camped there?
Thanks,
Rich

vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #22

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
With two of us at a no services campground, we are somewhat conservative with utilities. We will use the shower but quickly and do the dishes. We only have one light at a time on at night but we will watch a DVD plugged in to th 12v at night and will run satellite radio several hours a day. Our two 12v batteries last 4 to 5 days. I'll use 10 to 15 gallons of water a day which I re-fill each morning after showers with a 5 gallon jug and I empty the gray water tank once a day using a portable tank. The black water tank is only 1/3 full in 5 days so that's not a problem. To us, these are all minor efforts, we're comfortable, and we pay 18/night and not $40 and stay at the nicest State campgrounds. If I stay for a week I do prefer full utilities or at least power.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #23

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Update-I registered for the whole week at Ledgeview Village. I'll post on the Campground review forum after our stay to tell what we thought of it.
Thanks,
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #24

SUN #311
Gaelen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01
Only a few State Parks and Conservation Dept Parks in New York State have electricity in some sites but that's all you'll find. You need a private park for full hookups.
No...not quite.
That's the case in most NY State DEC campgrounds (no hookups, or electric only.) However, full-blown state parks with camping areas often have at least some sites with full electric hookups, and on-site dumping stations, especially in the Finger Lakes area.

Sampson State Park, Cayuga Lake State Park, Green Lakes State Park all come to mind. You won't find sewer or water hookups on each site, although they've all got full electric hookup sites and each loop has water taps which, with a little improvisation, can be used to fill a water tank. And all have at least one full dumping station with a water hookup. I know that Sampson has over 200 electrical hookup sites on five loops that each have at least two water taps per loop. First time I ever saw a T-adapter to convert a water tap to fill an RV's water tank was at Sampson. Loop 5 is half waterfront, with at least 20 sites right on the lake. I can highly recommend site 232.

I believe Letchworth State Park (western NY, other side of Rochester) and Alleghany State Park (on the Pennsylvania border) also have designated camping areas which offer electrical hookups on each site and water taps in each loop.

my Life Out Loud blog
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote