Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #1

SUN #222
Big Shoe
Campground Memberships

I am interested in hearing the pro's and con's of owning a campground membership. Outdoor World was purchased by Thousand Trails and I was wondering if anyone knows what changes are in store for members ?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #2

SUN #175
2000T2980
I have a membership with Travel Resorts. I use their Gettysburg CG the most. If you use the memberships they are worth the price. I go out just about every 2 weeks from April to mid November. I use the membership CG's about 10 times a year. I also have the Coast to Coast and AOR with my membership. The key is to use them.
I tried to buy a used Outdoor World membership. Since Thousand Trail bought them I have heard there will be no changes to current Outdoor world memberships. But features may be added. I am still planning to pickup a used Outdoor World membership some day.

Hensley Hitch
Jordan 2020 Brake Controller.
2000T2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #3

SUN #96
rebellious78
We too are members at Travel Resorts, and mostly use the Gettysburg location. We would say if you camp a lot then buying a membership would be a good idea, but you really have to think if it is a good deal for you or not. Last year we camped just in Gettysburg around 55 nights, so it was well worth our dues and maintance fees last year.
We also have coast to coast deluxe, and we find this to be the best if you are going to travel. For us we have to stay somewhat close to home this year.
I know this is a little off subject but Gettysburg resort is getting harder and harder to get reservations for the good sites. I think they are overselling their memberships. If I had it all to do over again, we would NOT have bought a memberships but would rather only buy Coast to Coast and camp for cheep prices. Just my 2 cents.

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #4

SUN #196
tinybluetj
This question comes up alot on all of the boards I read. I am always interested in the replies, but they are always mixed. Some love 'em, some hate 'em! I just can't justify the 'purchase price', as I like to camp in places the resorts usually are not. (And I am not really a 'resort' camper anyhow!) I find I can take the money and camp at a variety of places. As I get older, and if we have children, then a membership might be a deal for us. We will have to see!