Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #1

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Buyer Beware

Saw this come up on eBay just a little while ago. I went to enter it in and realized I already had it. So then it brought back some memories and I pulled up my files for that coach to confirm.

Here's the link

So, as expected, I've seen it twice before. Once just in November '09 and once back in '07.

I just wanted to put a warning here because what caught my eye in the new ad was the fact they claim it has a clear title. THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE CASE!

I'm not sure what's involved with getting a clear title again from a salvage title, if it's even possible, but maybe that has happened here. The ad from November '09 in PA shows that it had a salvage title. It's also clear that this resale outfit is trying to make quite a bit of money on it.

When I first saw the coach, it was owned by maybe the first or second owner I think in PA. It was completely original at that point, but it noted that he had a heart transplant and had lived in it for a year and a half. He also said that it had been in a flood. It looks a bit dirty on the outside in the pics and looked like it had orange spray paint writing on the door side like indicating something from the flood. The pics aren't that good, so I can't make it out.

The second/third owner (from 8/07 to 11/09) did the repairs. They removed the dinette, repaired the rear wall, recovered the couch, and apparently removed the spray paint. It looks like maybe they changed the door locks too, but they could have been changed by the previous owner. I find the mix of floor coverings unique, and the fact they screwed through the back wall to reattach the fiberglass, but all in all, I've seen much worse repairs.

The most recent owner, this Tri-State Motors, doesn't even have a working website when I Googled it. The website says when I go to it that it's for sale for $5,000. Fortunately I was able to use the Google Cashed version to see what it looked like, and it seems that they primarily deal selling through eBay listings.

As always, if anyone is interested in the info I do have, let me know and I'll be glad to pass it along.

While Carfax reports only apply to motor vehicles, the Sunline Fan factor can uncover much of the same things...

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Jon,
That trailer is exactly 6 miles from our house. If you'd like, we could investigate and report back... Pictures too..

Gary

Another possibility.... They may be trying to muscle in on our number of Sunlines, currently owned!

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Jon, your memory, knowledge and data base is unbelievable......thank you for pointing out the possible problems.

I don't know what this site would be like without you and the many other "knowledgeable" posters who educate us on subjects that we need to have explained to us......

THANK YOU!!!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote