Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #1

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
After 3665 Miles, A Real Bozo

So, I took my folks out to Arizona and back.
3665 miles over a two week period without even one incident I'd call a near miss. And that included hauling the Sunline through Houston (twice), San Antonio, El Paso, Las Cruces (twice), Tucson, and Phoenix (during the afternoon rush hour), plus countless miles on small back highways.
Two weeks after I returned, the DW and I were going (sans trailer) to watch the grandkids play in a softball tournament.
As we sat at a red light, there was a half second of screeching tires then a tremendous jarring blow. Someone rear-ended the Dodge.
I am extremely grateful that nothing like that occurred during the trip, but extremely agitated that this bozo endangered our lives and damaged our truck with his careless driving. His little car was totaled, but we drove away with only a mangled bumper and a bent trailer hitch.
The DW said she didn't suffer any great effects, but I am mildly achy from the back of my head down to my tailbone.
The grandkids (twins) team took 2nd place in the tournament.
Right now I am just really angry at that jack@$$.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope you get the truck/hitch checked out thoroughly to be sure your towing experience isn't affected. Whiplash backpain can be very unpleasant - lots of ice may help the first few days. I can understand your anger, but the added tension will only add to the back pain. Glad to hear things weren't worse and your parents weren't with you (older bodies don't take the jarring as well). Hopefully the jack@$$ has insurance to cover all damages and you heal quickly to enjoy your undamaged camper.
Congratulations to the twins, hope you were able to watch them play in the tournament.

clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #3

SUN #987
awellis3
Hijack alert!!!

Musings from and old English teacher.
It is ironic that as the proliferation of public profanity has increased, those of us who are "of a certain age" have lost sight of the origins of a perfectly proper perjoritive. The term "ass" when used publicly by gentlemen and ladies (as all on this forum assuredly are) was always assumed to refer to the animal and to its fabled willful stubborness and assumed stupidity. So, step right up and call the twit a jackass. Say, "Some ass hit me in the ..." oh, wait... that won't work, will it?

Seriously, I'm glad y'all are OK.

Teach
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #4

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
The police responded within 1 minute. Of course, they were only 1 block away, searching for an escaped prisoner.
They took our info and a statement right there. We were on our way in 10 minutes.
We made it to the tournament in time for the second inning of the first game.
Of course, since the team kept winning, we got to sit through FIVE games on metal bleachers while aching from the wreck.