Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
A New Canadian in Waiting

Hello all you happy owners;
Well we finally have our 2004 2499 Coach parked at our home in Essex Ontario and it sure looks good sitting in the yard. General RV , who have been great to deal with, brought it to Windsor on Monday morning and we met their driver at the border crossing. There is no duty to pay as it is made in the USA and since the dealer brough it to Windsor we save the MI sales tax. A few minutes of paper work and now we just have to wait for the Federal form 2 to come and we can take it to be inspected. We paid GST at the border and $206.70 for the border fees. Following the Federal inspection we go to the MTO office and get the provincial plates and pay the PST. So far we have had the furnace on for part of a day and drank so wine and then on Tuesday Judy had breakfast out there. We bought some small plastic tie wraps to reinforce the baskets in the slide out pantry. We are sure going to enjoy it when the weather warms up in the spring.

Ted

Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #2

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi Ted,
We've been out sitting around in ours too. I mean that's about all we can come up with for now. Being patient, and dreaming of warmer days.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #3

SUN #105
mbart5fan
I'm envious. We brought our 289 home on Dec 1st and put it in storage the next day. Nowhere to store it near our house during the winter, so we have to look at pictures and dream.

Mike
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #4

SUN #53
irishguy101
Thats about all I do too is sit and look at it all covered up and thinking of spring and going again.
In a way I am lucky I can keep it next to my house but I look at it alot more and wait and think and wait and wait.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:15 PM   #5

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to here you have got the trailer home and that everything has gone pretty smooth so far. Any idea on how long before the Federal inspection form will arrive.

Like yourself, winter is too long for us to wait to use the trailer again. I have been up to visit our trailer a few times since we put in away for winter storage. We are anxiously awaiting the day we can take the trailer camping again.

Hopefully we will be able to meet up with you in the near future to share a campfire.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #6

SUN #78
tedontario
To Warm

Well the weather is too warm and we just couldn't resist our first sleep in the trailer. It was 9c here and so we made the bed and enjoyed our first sleep . Had lunch in it today and Judy cleaned the blinds and floor while I took out the bedding and porta john. Mighty handy item from our Popup since the trailer is winterized. Photos at http://www.essexwheelers.ca/campinglife.html
WE are watching the temps for Christmas weekend. I start 2 weeks vaca then we can not go away due to local commitments.
Ted
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #7

SUN #119
rookie
Congratulations Ted and Judy. Your rig looks really fine on the website.

We are also awaiting the arrival of our little QUE from PA to FL in the US. This will also be our first RV. Our weather is good now, but we are so busy it will be short weekend trips for the time being.

Good luck, and looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #8

SUN #78
tedontario
All Over Now

WEll Yesterday Dec 20 we had the inspection on the trailer. It took a bit of time but was a piece of cake. The guy from Canadian Tire came out and looked it over and said it's good. Then is was off to the licence office and pay the provincial tax and buy the plate. It's all done now. If any other Canadians want to bring a unit in from the US all I can say is geep after them as little bumps happen and they don't call you. We called them due to hunchs about one item and they would say we need to know this number or that. Had we not called it would have to go back to Detroit and be reimported. We are very glad we went this route.
Ted
Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #9

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad all worked out for you - soon it will be sitting in your yard!!!
If you are anything like us - you'll be bitting at the bit until spring arrives and off we go again!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #10

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted

Super congrats on your T2499!!! I checked out your web site with the pics. WOW, yours and ours are the exact same, even the interior.

I did notice one thing different. You have a picture above the thermostat. Our's did not come with it but there was a torn sticky something on the wall. It must of fell off at the dealership as it was a display model and there was a dent in the counter top that lines up with where your picture was and would of fell. Now I finally figured out what was in that spot.

You will really like that camper. I have made several "customizations" to mine. It's my stress reliever from work.... If you want more on them, get in touch with me, Glad to share. Ones of these days I'll figure out how to post pics on here and list what I have done. Or I'll arrange on my pic hosting site.

Welcome aboard and happy camping.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote