Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-22-2019, 07:08 PM   #1

SUN #11268
cathylee1959 is an unknown quantity at this point
A Bit of an Emergency....sort of.

Hi everyone. I have a bit of an emergency here and need some input from any or all of you Sunline Owners/experts....

I desperately need to find the VIN# on my T-2475 that I financed (privately) in April of this year. I have looked in the specified places that I looked up...On the tongue by the propane tanks and in all the cabinets. There is a plate on the tongue, but it's been wiped clean...as in sanded off.

My problem is that I am living in the camper in Connecticut and the holder of the title won't let me register the camper so I can leave for the winter (and not freeze my ass off here). On my "Note" that is signed by both of us (and notarized) the VIN# is invalid and also the year of the camper is stated as a 2005. It's not a 2005, it's a 2003 (at least according to all the paperwork that was left in it). She is refusing to give me a photo of the title so I can at least insure it....

Anyway, from my research so far, Sunline didn't manufacture this model in 2005...is this correct? And, second, where else could I possibly find a VIN plate, if at all?

I have done so much work in this camper....still working on the oven issue (thank you John for all your help). Such as replace all the floors and half the walls. The roof needs replacing also, but that opens up a whole new can of worms that I can see....UGH. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy

Old 08-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Was the title ever put in your name as the buyer? The financier holds the title as collateral (not ownership) until the loan is paid off, but the title should be in your name as the actual owner. A notary only witnesses the signatures on a document, not the content. Finding the VIN might not help if the previous owner never signed over the title. You might want to confer with a lawyer, especially since the VIN you were given is invalid.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 AM   #3

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathylee1959 View Post
And, second, where else could I possibly find a VIN plate, if at all?

Unscrew the door sill plate and look under there.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #4

SUN #11268
No, she refuses to give me a title or a Bill of Sale. Even though when I register she gets added as a lien holder and holds it until it's paid off and then release the title to me. In Connecticut, I have to have a title and bill of sale to register because the camper is newer than 20 years.

Thank you, I will check under the sill plate.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #5

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure it's her camper to sell? Maybe she doesn't have the title if the camper actually belongs to someone else. If you have already given her money, you may need to get a lawyer involved.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #6

SUN #11268
That's my thinking also. That was why I had asked her for a copy of the title, but she refuses. She has stopped responding to my requests now. Yes, I may need to speak to a lawyer about this.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:45 PM   #7

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
As Johnny stated, there is a VIN tag underneath the main entry floor door plate. There should be 3 screws to hold it down.

The VIN also will show up on the weight sticker. It is in a top kitchen cabinet door or the bathroom vanity.

Your camper is new enough, that there’s no VIN on the trailer metal A frame (the camper hitch part). That was an older camper thing.

The third place the VIN along with the year and model number shows up is on the VIN tag on the front left side of the camper. Left being drivers side, non door side. The year and month it was manufactured will be there. Which may be a half a year or so off from the model year. New models came out mid way through the year before. So a 2004 model camper may be made in say, Oct. 2003 etc all the way to mid 2004 when the next years models started.

That VIN sticker however can be faded badly if in the sun a lot. But there should be some level of remnants of the sticker there.

As to your other title situation and the loan holder, sorry I can’t help with that. I agree a lawyer from your state may be needed.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
Unscrew the door sill plate and look under there.

I found mine there too when replacing the floor.