Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-31-2017, 06:55 AM   #1

SUN #9416
rewcamper is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 T2370 self imposed loss moisture meter blues

I had a chance (still do ) to get what looked to be a near perfect 2003 2370 from a local dealer, at a fair low price, before it goes to auction. I've decided against it. I knew from the start it had a few problems, AC not working, furnace not working ,leak in the under couch water tank, and a small drip from the grey water valve, no propane tanks, and a few cosmetics, nothing too bad. being a 67 year old carpenter for 50 years, I love to take stuff apart, correct it, then put it all back together. I just finished a 2005 "other brand " trailer last year after spending 6 months last year outside, in the winter,completely removing the entire interior, all new sub floor and nice new vinyl,all outside mouldings, screw covers, screws, aulking and putty tape.. along with ANTHING that needed attention. then back together just like factory, then I sold it as really didn't like the cramped layout, and lack of windows (3) ( I want my '85 1550 back !!!) sorry bear with me. so I went yesterday for one last check, and brought a moisture meter. if it's correct, I found the whole rear kitchen floor wet for about a 3 by 5 area, under the almost non removeable cabinets, into a bit of the bathroom , and all across the front bed area from the bottom of the window, down to and maybe including the floor, and behind the tall cabinet on one side. nothing seemed soft, no smells, maybe a hint of staining coming through the rear floor. otherwise nicely maintained, caulked and very clean. but the meter measured almost 100% in all areas.anyway I'm opting out, mainly because I won't get to use it this year the roof is 14 years old, the tires which I thought looked good were 2005, and those DARN CABINETS !! the only way I would repair them is to remove the mouldings and siding, to access the cabinets and entire kitchen to get it out. too much for me right now, a basic fix, but a lot of time. I can't just cut around things like bath and fridge walls, I would need to get under it all, even out to the framing along the perimeter to do it right. sorry I'm too long winded, but thanks for listening...the auction I spoke of is local and this will be the only "good one "there...maybe I should go and bid on my little accquaintence ??

Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #2

SUN #7445
rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Have 1989 Sunline Satellite and the awning is almost impossible to use alone when camping, any ideas or am I just doing this wrong? Need how to's on this....

Old 06-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #3

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Rewcamper, Well, you could always go to the auction and, if the bidding is low, make a bid. Guess the question is how low of a bid to make it worth the work?

Rose, We were newbies when we bought our '02 Sunline & the awning gave us fits until we went on YouTube and watched a video on how to do it. That said, I don't know how different an '89 and '02 awning are. Here's a video that might help:

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Rewcamper,

I'm making an assumption from your post in the Repairs and Maintenance section under the moisture meter post you have sorted out what you are doing with this camper?

This response http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post137208

It sounds like you know exactly what you are getting into as you have done a restore on a camper before.

If you have good luck at the auction, let us know. Glad to help with how too's on your project if it comes to this.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #5

SUN #9416
thanks to everyone who has responded, what a great bunch. yes john it's not whether I CAN do it , it's do I WANT to do it. I thought I would buy this fix the mechanical things, the systems that were faulty, and go. it's actually very usable as it is, but now that I know what lurks there, it's a different story.i actually don't even want that size. I'm more interested in a 16or 17 foot, as I had an 86 1550 for 20 years, and miss the simplicity of it. I don't get to go much, and my original idea was to go visit my son in SAN DIEGO who I haven't seen in 7 years, and try to live out of the solaris. now things have changed and chicken BOB won't fly, won't drive across the country alone, and almost bought a wet trailer....how long a walk is it from boston to san diego ?? ha ha...I wish there was some sort of senior caravan going west, I'd take my moisture meter and evaluate all the trailers for a ride ....!
Old 06-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #6

SUN #8554
mizjewels is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewcamper View Post
I wish there was some sort of senior caravan going west, I'd take my moisture meter and evaluate all the trailers for a ride ....!
Maybe there is. Have looked into any of the sites like these? There are often people looking for travel buddies.

https://rvsingles.org/
Loners on Wheels - Home
Old 06-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #7

SUN #9416
haha I guess I'm off the topic of moisture meters, and on to travel..thankyou so much for the info. there doesn't seem to be much of this on the east coast though. I'd love to be able to catch a few caravans on the way west. from vegas on I could do it myself. getting south then west from boston would be a little challenge. now that I left my deal behind, I have to start looking again for a trailer. if you or anyone knows of any other groups let me know...one group was out in Idaho...thanks for your help