Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-08-2021, 09:23 AM   #1

SUN #12214
Barb is an unknown quantity at this point
1550 Bathroom Remodel

So we are mid-renovation on the interior of our 1985 Sunline 1550 (I promise to post pictures once we have it reset.) But now that we're on the downward slope with regard to the main living area we turn our attention to the bathroom. Its very very small, given the space constraints of the camper overall that's not surprising. But I was wondering if anyone had redone their shoilet and if so if you wouldn't mind sharing pictures. I'm just not sure how to make the space feel, and be, more functional. Would love any ideas that anyone has.

Thanks!

P.S. Don't know about you all but so glad that it is March, we can take off the cover soon and get back out there. Camping Season is my favorite Season .

Old 03-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Barb,

Being yours is a 85 camper, I'm making an assumption you have the combo, shower basin and toilet as an all one unit? It would help if we can see what you have now to help offer better suggestions.

We have had some members redo the walls with fiberglass panels out of the local lumber yards.

Here is one of the latest postings by KXracer704. He is restoring a Sunline a truck camper but it has a similar kind of shower/toilet. This may help you with some ideas.

He did his postings mainly in video. You may need to see a few before and after this one to get the total rebuild. He had to repair the basin first before building the shower surround. This link will drop you into post # 78 of his project. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...tml#post153913

Not sure what size space you have and how ripped apart the camper is, I have done shower surround changes in a 2004 T1950. The camper is bigger and the toilet separate, but they make pre-made shower basins and surrounds. Your camper being so small and a combo shower/toilet setup it may not work. This link will drop you into the shower stall rebuild on post # 59. It may give you some ideas to build on https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...tml#post151304

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #3

SUN #12214
Barb is an unknown quantity at this point
John,

Thank you, I will definitely take some "before" pictures and post them. It is a combination shower/toilet though, and our remodel did not involve (thank goodness) a gut of the interior so we want to maintain the current footprint.

Thank you for posting the link to the video as we're working with a similar amount of space and from floating around between his videos I think he encounters many of the same issues that we likely will. That looks very helpful!