Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Testing Area
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-23-2020, 06:07 AM   #1

SUN #7734
jrcamp is an unknown quantity at this point
refrigerator roof vent

Hello I have a 86 Sunline Saturn t1550( I think) and the refrigerator roof vent has broken off and I need a replacement. Any ideas on what I should purchase? Standing on a step ladder and measuring lol I came up with 20 inches long, 5 1/4 wide and 2 1/4 tall. That is an estimate because I couldn't get up to the top very well. I did look at the roof vent thread but still wasn't sure on what to purchase. Thanks

Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
The older campers (80's) used a different roof vent cap. I have never bought one of them, but we do have other forum members who have.

The vent is normally 2 parts. A "top lid" and then a "base" that screws to the roof of the camper and is sealed to the roof. You you need both parts or just the top lid?

The vents can often be listed by the camper "opening" in the roof (the base part inside size) and not the size of the actual lid outside.

A club member named Thomascine did replace her 80's camper fridge vent and was successful with it. I cannot find that thread for some reason, she may not of made one or it was part of another thread. But they do make them.

Is your plastic or metal? They had both at one time.

This link to Etrailer who sells some of the aftermarket vent covers may help. I have bought from them and they are a reputable firm. They also have very good details with pictures and dimensions that you may find one here. (just click on the part and they have the details there) If none of these are close, give us some more details on the size and even pics and we can help look too.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_...gerator%20Vent

Hope this helps, and if and when you do find one that works, please post the brand, part number and where you found it. This helps others in the future. We have a good number of 80's Sunlines coming back to camping again which is great!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:04 AM   #3

SUN #7734
jrcamp is an unknown quantity at this point
I did order one using Pelland Enterprises yesterday. I hope it works. I will post when it comes in and see if it works or not. Doesn't even ship until July 1 though. Thanks so much for your response. do you know what I can seal my roof line "edges" with (Where the roof and side come together)? Would clear silicone work?
Old 06-26-2020, 11:03 AM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcamp View Post
I did order one using Pelland Enterprises yesterday. I hope it works. I will post when it comes in and see if it works or not. Doesn't even ship until July 1 though. Thanks so much for your response. do you know what I can seal my roof line "edges" with (Where the roof and side come together)? Would clear silicone work?
On sealing the camper, in this case can you post some pictures of the area you want to seal and the roof seams? We have no idea what a previous owner may have done and what shape yours in is to better help. You may have to remove old stuff before putting new on. An do have have a known leak now?

There is one thing though as a for sure, suggest you do not use silicone to seal up your camper for water intrusion. Silicone has its place, but the outside of a camper for sealing it is not one of them with the conditions it lives with and plays in. While it may work for a short time, it will not last and make it very complex to later put the correct sealant on. It just does not hold up and sooner then later it will separate or come loose and not seal.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote