Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Forum Admin & Site Help
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #21

SUN #969
shepherds2
Send a message via AIM to shepherds2
vin # identification

BH. the last 4 numbers are the build # assigned to your trailer only. My numbers are hand written in a white pen ( in large 3" print) on the underside drivers side trailer frame beam running fore and aft. It reads "T-257SR 7174" and my trailer is a 2007 Solaris model slide room with serial # ending in 7174.
Therefore I know it is the build # assigned. It was one of the last fifty trailers built by Sunline before the plant closed for good in November 9th 2006. My trailer was built in the 1st week of June 2006 according to my papers. So that means that Sunline built 7,174 trailers/ campers units by June 2006. This might be a clue to your year of build, I'm sure that there is a code in the 17 digit serial ID # for the built date. I just don't know the code. A very helpful person/Sunline member by the name of Jon Kuznicki of Northville, Michigan helped me identify my unit 9 years ago and he is very knowledgeable about Sunline trailers. Hopefully he can help you. Capt. Ron

Old 04-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #22

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherds2 View Post
BH. the last 4 numbers are the build # assigned to your trailer only. My numbers are hand written in a white pen ( in large 3" print) on the underside drivers side trailer frame beam running fore and aft. It reads "T-257SR 7174" and my trailer is a 2007 Solaris model slide room with serial # ending in 7174.

Therefore I know it is the build # assigned. It was one of the last fifty trailers built by Sunline before the plant closed for good in November 9th 2006. My trailer was built in the 1st week of June 2006 according to my papers. So that means that Sunline built 7,174 trailers/ campers units by June 2006. This might be a clue to your year of build, I'm sure that there is a code in the 17 digit serial ID # for the built date. I just don't know the code. A very helpful person/Sunline member by the name of Jon Kuznicki of Northville, Michigan helped me identify my unit 9 years ago and he is very knowledgeable about Sunline trailers. Hopefully he can help you. Capt. Ron
BTW....we own one of last coaches built by Sunline, probably the last built to order, a T-267SR, delivered 31 October 2006!

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #23

SUN #969
shepherds2
vin # identification

P.S. check out "interpreting serial numbers" on etrailer.com . They say the number before the "D" is the model year built. My number is "7" which coincides with 2007 which is my build year date. how they decide 1997 from 2007 i don't know.
etrailer.com is a fabulous website for information and very inexpensive trailer parts like Brakes, bearings and brake drums.The people who work there are very helpful and knowledgable. I got new Dexter brake drums, bearings, magnet and brake shoes (never adjust brake system no less) all in one package for the normal price of just brake shoes and magnets. All bolt on simple assembly. Got the package in 3 days !!!!! About $125 per wheel. Great peace of mind with all new parts and so easy to assemble. Cpt. Ron
Old 04-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #24

SUN #969
shepherds2
WOW, that is one of the very last trailers made. What are the last four digits in the vin #?
interesting to see how many trailers were made between our dates
Old 04-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #25

SUN #11164
billhman is an unknown quantity at this point
I came up with some more info. According to a data plate I found:

Manufacture Date June 1998. (I don't know if that makes it a 98 model line or 99)
A number stamped around the trailer is T-3060 (I have no idea what that means)
VIN 1LC2S 2P2XX D30 5020

Does all this mean anything to anybody. Just curious
Old 04-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #26

SUN #969
shepherds2
In all VIN #'s they do NOT use the letters "O" or "I" because they can be confused with the numbers one and zero. The Letter "X" is used as a zero.
"1LC2" is Sunlines' brand manufactures code. All Sunline products start with this code. (same system applies to all boat VIN # by the way).
the next 2 spaces are the product line codes (model).
The number "2" before the XX tells the number of axles.
"XX" = zeros so I think that your trailer was sold as a 2000 year model not 1999.
"D" is for the Denver, Penn. plant.
"30" is the overall length of the trailer.
Last four digits are your serial numbers= order of build. Yours was the 5,020 trailer built by Sunline
Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 AM   #27

SUN #11164
billhman is an unknown quantity at this point
Capt Ron, very informative . Thanks