Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
T2499 Swivel Rocker - 1 Alternate solution

Fellow T2499 Campers

I have had issues with the original swivel rocker chair that came with our T2499. I noticed Kitty and some others have changed theirs. And finally I have found something that “works” for us.

First off the problem. I’m a 6 foot tall kind of guy and the original swivel rocker was low making eating at the table, not balanced right. So I added 2, 2 x 4 shims to the bottom to raise it. This helped on the height. See pic.

I have added a runner to protect the rug. This helps greatly keep the shoe “stuff” off the carpet. But it creates havoc with the rocker. I’m always getting the swivel rocker feet stuck up under it. We have to literally lift the chair up off the ground to move it. And getting in to eat at the table, well it’s a challenge.

See here how much room is used up with this chair.

The swivel rocker was great for watching TV, but the rest, well it was a battle and it took up so much room in our size camper. I had it out one camping trip to put the grandsons bassinet in and WOW what room we have without the rocker in there.

I have been hunting now for some time for an alternative and finally found one. About a week or more ago I ran into this swivel rocker chair at Staples. It was on sale. Memory foam leather covers, can adjust height up and down, lock rock action solid or let it rock, can adjust tension amount of rock. Basically it’s a medium end office chair.

See here with the table down. Can now easily get to the window and move it where ever. The wheels roll right on and off the runner.

And here with the table up, can get in and out easily now without moving the table and the height is right.

Now it moves so easy that I had to be creative on how to store it for travel. I’m working the bugs out of this approach, but this is what we are starting with. Have seat cushions we use as pads for sitting outside against the back wall and strap it in with the same strap we made for the old rocker. The back is higher and it hits the blinds and do not want to possible rip the leather on the edge of the camper strapping it in up right like the Flex Steel rocker.

Everything but the storage for travel is many times better and a pleasure. I’m still perfecting the stow and go method, but I will over come that shortly.

Thought I would pass this along since our fellow campers helped spark the idea to switch for me.

Happy Camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote