Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Dear Wife Mods - T2499 and T310SR- Lot's of pic's

Fellow Sunline Campers

This post is a collection of my DW’s mod’s to both our campers. I still have to get pic’s of the hamper she made at the end of the bed, but theses will get you going.

I have broke these into 2 posts to try and maybe cut down on the bandwidth.

The first post is the DW mod’s to our T2499. I’ll do this in pics mostly as they say it all.

DW does not like mirrors that much and Sunline really did…So Cindy made covers for many of them

To cover up the outdoor griddle and BBQ tongs

We did not know you could buy foam vent covers, so she made them with room matching colors.

And one for the shower dome.

The inside list. Things not to forget each time we break camp.

Cindy is into the plastic canvas crafts and has holders all over. Some more elaborate then others.

The book and eye glass case. She is a book worm and it goes everywhere we do...

The bath medicine cabinet organization bins.

Now off to the picnic table. Cindy can’t find the right type of table cloth so she makes them. Sews 2 together to make them heavier, and vinyl bottoms plus matching seat cushions. The seat cushions have foam in them too.

And the picnic table bucket. Complete with all the fixin’s for meals.

Now to the curtains. One for the rear living area door.

And some for the bedroom. They have heavy dark color backings to keep the light out.

I have to get the hamper that goes on the end of the bed end yet and post. That was unique and we could use it to hold 4 days of laundry.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #2

SUN #89
Here is the new camper. All of the DW mods moved to the new camper and then new ones came too. These are the T310SR DW mods.

Cindy wanted more color in the bigger camper so new curtains had to come. They do spruce up the place I must say. We used the old ones until these where done.

Here is a panoramic shot of 3 pics in one.

And we can’t stop without a matching roof vent cover.

Now to the mirrors again…

Sunline did not use the same size mirror all over so she had to adjust the older camper one to this mirror.

And now to start adding color to the kitchen/living area.

Sunline had a black and white pic in the camper and it is for sure attached to the wall, so we just covered over it.

You can see here the pic on the wall. Not very colorfull.

And now to the plastic canvas ware with color

The antenna don’t forget it’s up reminder

And some table organizers

She also makes the hot matt’s.

To not forget the slide prop rods are in before opening up the slide we have the Sun to remind us.

And the inside griddle. Amazing what you can do with towels.

Here are some more in the making. These will hang on the wall above the slide to spruce it up and cover some of the marks in the wall board by the prior owner.

This is a DW mod, just not mine… This was gift from a fellow camper we know and this blanket resides in the camper all the time. It’s special.

Hope you enjoyed. Will keep updating as the collection increases.

John

Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
WAY TO GO CINDY And thanks to John for posting your handy work. But, now you have sparked more projects in my mind I just need to find some projects that don't involve POWER TOOLS

PS: John, you need to make that stationary panel over the bed into a working cabinet door, Cindy will really appreciate it

Kitty & KD
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #4

SUN #287
nickster60
I love that blanket I bet everyone on the site will want one.
nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
The minute I saw that blanket, I knew I wanted one, and I figured everyone else would, also.
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #6

SUN #300
DF5.4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the mirror covers. My DW quilts and it gave her some ideas. I think she is going to make a one to cover the door window instead of the curtain.

1999 T-2970 Solaris SE
2007 Ford Expedition

DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #7

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
WAY TO GO CINDY And thanks to John for posting your handy work. But, now you have sparked more projects in my mind I just need to find some projects that don't involve POWER TOOLS

PS: John, you need to make that stationary panel over the bed into a working cabinet door, Cindy will really appreciate it

Kitty & KD
Kitty

Power Tools!! Well whlie I uses saws, drills, grinders and other assorated power tools, Cindy's power tool is a Bernina... sewing machine.

Now the plastics canvas used yarn done by hand as well as the crochet blankets and other assorted nice things she has all over. She is not into knitting, but she can crochet up a storm.

Don't worry, we will change the center panel in the bed room to a door frame. You convinced us.

John

Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 AM   #8

SUN #128
Tweety
Some good ideas and lovely handiwork Cindy. I'm definitely doing the 2 tablecloths sewn together. I just hate the way stuff sticks to the back of those vinyl table cloths. I like the mirror cover too. Our full length reflects off the medicine cabinet mirror at night and creates a bunch of lights from all the various lights in the living room. (radio, detectors, dust buster charger) I haven't quilted in years though. I may need a refresher lesson at Buttonwood! How do you hang them - velcro?
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #9

SUN #115
emam
Great Ideas John & Cindy.

THanks for Sharing!

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
Some good ideas and lovely handiwork Cindy. I'm definitely doing the 2 tablecloths sewn together. I just hate the way stuff sticks to the back of those vinyl table cloths. I like the mirror cover too. Our full length reflects off the medicine cabinet mirror at night and creates a bunch of lights from all the various lights in the living room. (radio, detectors, dust buster charger) I haven't quilted in years though. I may need a refresher lesson at Buttonwood! How do you hang them - velcro?
Tweety

Cindy says thanks and to everyone else too.

This weekend we where out camping YEH!! And I took some pic's on how she ended up hanging the material works of art.

We have gone thru several generations of how to do this and this last one has come out the best.

Here is about Plan D I think. It works OK but not as great as Plan E below.

For the mirror, there is a plastic canvas strip on top that hangs over the back side of the mirror. There is enough room for it to fit down into. Then on the bottom we used (I do not know what to call it) stick it stuff I think made by DAP. It is putty you put on the walls to hang things and does not stain. It works so so as over time it no longer sticks to the material. And over time the bottom swings out and sometime the materail falls off. This soon will be converted to plan E.

Now here is Plan E and this works great. We found small Command “decorating clips” These are removable if needed, stick well and you can unhook the material to take it down if needed.

Start by putting hand sewing on another piece of plastic canvas on the back of the material and making a small hole in the canvas to slip over the hook. To put this on the first time, put all 4 canvas pieces on the material, then hook each one with a command clip out in the open, peel off tape on the clips and then stick on the entire thing. This way it hangs right with no sags and the clips in just the right places.

IF you need to remove one of these Commad strips, make sure to pull sideways on the adhesive foam strip. It will then shear the bond and lift off without any problems. HOWEVER do not pull it straight out and try to get it off, or else ... it will not release without brute strength and the contact veneer paper can come off with it. And...we have proven this...

Hope this helps and if anyone needs any more info, let me know, I’ll ask the better half for directions.

John

Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #11

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point

LIFE SAVERS!!!!!!!

I've got a number of different Command hooks throughout the TT. Some for clothing, some for this 'n that in the kitchen, and the little clear ones for pictures and other decor.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #12

SUN #89
Hi Folks

I’m behind on the DW mods…. Need to get them up. Hope you enjoy.

This one has been in the works for a while. Cindy did the months of the year with yarn and plastic canvas and we put them up over our slide to dress up some color in the camper. See here:

This is over the slide before shot:

And then what she made to go up there

And now then up on the wall using 3M Commands strips

Here is a close up

Next we moved into the bedroom to dress it up some more. We added different boarder paper that better matches Cindy’s new curtains. It took us a while to find this, found it at Menards.

Here is the bed room before showing the Sunline Fern Blue boarder that was used early in 2004.

The window wall

The door wall

And now the new boarder

Then it was back to needle point. Here is the latest to add color to the kitchen area wall.

A close up.

And the new needle point on the wall

Then we moved outside to the picnic table. Cindy found these cushions on the Home Depot Décor web site. Made from Sunbrella and she doctored them up to be seat cushions that stay in place.

She added straps with velcro pads on them.

And then loops for the strap to go thru

And with the cushion looking so nice and not get dirty had to have table cloth matching bench cover with a backing liner.

Here is the hook up so they do not blow away and stay put when you get up and down.

And the complete setup. She also made a carrying bag to store them in. It is on the table from old left over material she had from, something….

Well all for now, I’m up to date, I think….

Hope you enjoy

John