Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Other Brands
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #1

SUN #1953
frank_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Our new (to us) ParkLiner

Sunline trailers helped Gail & I figure out that travel trailers were a great alternative to tents. But at the same time we learned there were drawbacks to these stick built trailers. Basically, leaks would deteriorate internal wood structures, and you wouldn't even know until it was too late. Then it was a project. At my age, I am pretty much done with projects I have to do, and prefer to concentrate on projects I want to do!

So Gail and I dragged this 2012 ParkLiner home Saturday.

It is a great little trailer, really about the same dimensions as our old T-1550, but with a queen size bed and 6' 5" of headroom. This one also has dual Optima batteries, dual propane tanks, 3 way frig, furnace, AC, hot water heat, stove, flush toilet & shower, bunk beds for two, and will seat 8 for dinner. It has all kinds of storage. Plus it only has one build seam, right around the middle. The only roof seams are around the Fantastic fan and vent openings. 2100#s dry, and can load up to 3400#s. These trailers are pretty much indestructible, even in a hail storm. Check them out here: http://www.parkliner.com/

Hope to see some of you good folks around the campfire next season!

Frank

Image to come as soon as I figure out how to flatten a pic!
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Nice trailer, Frank. I always liked those fiberglass tubs and their weatherproof nature. Have even looked at a few over the years. A really nice one, Oliver, went broke during the general RV recession. A Canadian one I also toyed with did survive Escape Trailer Industries > Home, but I'd have to get a new smaller truck! Go figure

This design concept has been around for years and you might get a kick out of Googling "Boler" which has come through a couple of reincarnations and owners keep resurrecting the old ones.

Enjoy.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #3

SUN #1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryj View Post
Nice trailer, Frank. I always liked those fiberglass tubs and their weatherproof nature. Have even looked at a few over the years. A really nice one, Oliver, went broke during the general RV recession. A Canadian one I also toyed with did survive Escape Trailer Industries > Home, but I'd have to get a new smaller truck! Go figure

This design concept has been around for years and you might get a kick out of Googling "Boler" which has come through a couple of reincarnations and owners keep resurrecting the old ones.

Enjoy.

Henry
Those Escapes are a bit out of our price range Henry, but boy, we saw a nice 5th wheel Escape at an "egg" rally near here earlier in the month. They are quality trailers, but part of the problem for us is we're on the wrong side of the continent, and no matter how you cut it, it makes it much more expensive. All these fiberglass trailers retain high resale values, in part because of demand. And yes, people buy old ones all the time (like Bolers) and restore them. That's fine for others, but I wanted something that did not need restoration!

Thanks,

Frank

Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
That is one cute compact trailer..............
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #5

SUN #1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana View Post
That is one cute compact trailer..............
Compact, yes, and cute, but about the same size as our T-1550 that had only a full size bed. We've graduated to queen size, which was a major consideration in buying a new or newer trailer. This will require much less maintenance as well.

Frank

Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
frank,

Where is your T-1550 now? Is it for sale?

Nice TT. Please post inside pics when possible, esp. bathroom.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #7

SUN #1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjin View Post
frank,

Where is your T-1550 now? Is it for sale?
Sold it a while ago to some folks who came over from Boston. Forget their name right off, but thought they might magically appear on the forums here.

Frank

Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #8

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
My lost.

Enjoy your new TT.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

SUN #4578
Split is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Frank , CONGRATS. That seems like a lot of stuff in the size space..
Yes I was surprised at the resale of all Fiberglass eggs.. I saw a U-HAUL
rig right in Kingston near the roundout creek museum this summer.
They have the half seam vertical UP the middle across center top.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #10

SUN #1953
This is one of the best space engineered travel trailers we have ever set eyes on Larry. And yes, while most have the one seam around the middle, the U-Haul versions (only made in '83 and '84) have it vertical, as you so note. They are popular trailer to rebuild. U-Haul originally built them for rentals, but found it didn't quite work out as they thought it might and got out of it after only 2 years. I think most of them have been "saved." You always see at least a couple at any egg rally.

Frank

Old 10-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #11

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice camper Frank .... even if it isn't a Sunline I wish you al the best with it and many happy camping memories. Thanks for giving us a peek at it.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #12

SUN #5328
Two sisters is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations on your new trailer

Hi Frank and Gail. Congratulations on your new Parkliner. We, my sister and I (aka 2 sisters in De) like you and Gail transitioned from tent camping to "Sunline" way of camping. I must say our beloved Advancer Sunline spoiled us. Unfortunately b/c of health reasons we recently sold our Sunline and started researching fiberglass campers: something lighter, smaller, easier to manage.We are so excited that b/c of this forum our beloved Sunline went to a great home in NY. We couldn't be more happier or say enough good things about the person who recently purchased our Advancer. Steve59 is an active member of this forum and is just what our Sunline needed, someone who could give it some TLC and take it camping. We must admit that we have been spoiled by our Sunline's layout, spacious bedroom and more storage than we could use. After spending countless hours, taking day trips to look at smaller trailers and endless hours researching on the Internet we feel that the Parkliner is the best model for us. We certainly are excited for you both on your new Parkliner and wish you the very best.

Celebrate life one camping trip at a time , Betty Lou and Bev (2 sisters in De)
2005 Chevy Tahoe
Two sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #13

SUN #1953
Thanks girls, much appreciated. Your Tahoe should have no problem at all towing a ParkLiner. I hope to get Gail's new Escape wired for towing it this weekend, along with a bunch of other projects. I've started on a small project to run a valved line to the hot water tank so it can be isolated from the system during winterization. Then I need to blow the lines out and winterize it.

Like every other ParkLiner owner we know, we love ours!

I expect our first trip will be to the ParkLiner plant in May to visit, see some relatives that live close by, and get the battery upgrade. I can't wait!

Frank

Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #14

SUN #5328
Hi Frank and Gail. Just wondering, is your new Parkliner more involved or harder to winterize than your Sunline was? Thanks Frank for your encouragement that our Tahoe will tow Parkliner egg without any trouble. Our Sunline Advancer was a big girl with some weight. As a result had to replace the transmission in the Tahoe. When towing your new PL to its new home did you use a anti-sway and stabilizing bars? We used both when towing our Sunline. Just trying to figure out additional expense. The new owner of our Sunline that we sold recently used our towing/hitch equipment and we have yet to get it back from him. Pretty pricey to replace so we are trusting/ or hoping new owners will either purchase towing equip from us or make arrangements for returning it. The fiberglass eggs we know are much lighter but figure could still get a little squirrelly back there while on the highway. Is your wife's Escape a 6 cyl? No doubt will do better at the gas pump.Again congratulations to you both. Betty Lou and Bev- 2sisters
2005 Chevy Tahoe
Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #15

SUN #1953
It's easier than the Sunline. The only hold up is me doing a bit of PEX plumbing to run a valved line to the hot water tank. I'm pretty sure new ones have this done already. We're #006.

We brought the ParkLiner home with my '01 F150, but the trailer towed like a dream, very well balanced and never even a hint of sway. I would suggest all you need is a hitch, a ball mount that is 19" to the top of the ball from level and a 7 pin RV connector, same plug as on Sunlines. Our Sunline did sway, and I had to put a sway bar on for it.

Gail got one of the new turbocharged Escapes with the factory tow package. It's a 2 liter 4 cylinder rated at 231 hp, with a tow capacity of 3500#s (tongue capacity of 350#s). People are already raving about how these little cars tow large rigs. We pretty much bought it to tow a ParkLiner. Unfortunately it only comes with a 4 pole connector, so I need to wire it for 7 pin. The kit to do that cost me 70 bucks, and I figure it'll take me a day to do, maybe less. Last time we were on the highway with it, it got 30mpg, so we're anxious to see how it does with the ParkLiner.

Good luck girls!

Frank

Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #16

SUN #5328
Thanks Frank really appreciate you input. Ford Escape sounds like a great purchase and perfect marriage for your new Parkliner. Gail no doubt will be smiling and counting her savings while the rest of us moan at the gas pump while we have to fuel our thirsty beasts. Well at least I know our Tahoe gets very thirsty especially when towing.
Very best to you, 2 sisters
2005 Chevy Tahoe
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #17

SUN #1953
Sure girls. Like the way we we're looking at eggs (months and months of pros and cons to settle on one), we did the same with a new tow vehicle. After considerable research and discussion, Gail test drove a bunch, and stopped when she test drove the Escape. She loves it. So it's just me that gets to moan filling up that behemoth of an F150 twice a week it seems, and it's a 25 gallon tank!

All the best to you both!

Frank