Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Other Brands

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #15

SUN #1953
frank_a is an unknown quantity at this point
It's easier than the Sunline. The only hold up is me doing a bit of PEX plumbing to run a valved line to the hot water tank. I'm pretty sure new ones have this done already. We're #006.

We brought the ParkLiner home with my '01 F150, but the trailer towed like a dream, very well balanced and never even a hint of sway. I would suggest all you need is a hitch, a ball mount that is 19" to the top of the ball from level and a 7 pin RV connector, same plug as on Sunlines. Our Sunline did sway, and I had to put a sway bar on for it.

Gail got one of the new turbocharged Escapes with the factory tow package. It's a 2 liter 4 cylinder rated at 231 hp, with a tow capacity of 3500#s (tongue capacity of 350#s). People are already raving about how these little cars tow large rigs. We pretty much bought it to tow a ParkLiner. Unfortunately it only comes with a 4 pole connector, so I need to wire it for 7 pin. The kit to do that cost me 70 bucks, and I figure it'll take me a day to do, maybe less. Last time we were on the highway with it, it got 30mpg, so we're anxious to see how it does with the ParkLiner.

Good luck girls!

Frank

Image to come as soon as I figure out how to flatten a pic!
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #16

SUN #5328
Two sisters is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Frank really appreciate you input. Ford Escape sounds like a great purchase and perfect marriage for your new Parkliner. Gail no doubt will be smiling and counting her savings while the rest of us moan at the gas pump while we have to fuel our thirsty beasts. Well at least I know our Tahoe gets very thirsty especially when towing.
Very best to you, 2 sisters

2005 Chevy Tahoe
Two sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #17

SUN #1953
frank_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Sure girls. Like the way we we're looking at eggs (months and months of pros and cons to settle on one), we did the same with a new tow vehicle. After considerable research and discussion, Gail test drove a bunch, and stopped when she test drove the Escape. She loves it. So it's just me that gets to moan filling up that behemoth of an F150 twice a week it seems, and it's a 25 gallon tank!

All the best to you both!

Frank

Image to come as soon as I figure out how to flatten a pic!
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote