Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Work Camping
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-01-2018, 05:20 AM   #1

SUN #7218
Rocketgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Work Camping Opportunity Near Smoky Mtn Natl Park

I am just testing the waters here, nothing formal yet, but I wanted an interest level and feedback before I post a formal "help wanted" ad.

We have cabins and properties in the mountains, outside of Great Smoky Mountain National Park, near Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN. Most of these properties have views, are vacant, and may be able to accommodate an RV for a couple of weeks at a time. We are not renting out the cabins or properties, we are liquidating and we need help getting the properties ready for liquidation.

Work would include mostly yard work, thinning out brush, cutting wood, burning, light building repair and maintenance, painting, maybe help put a new floor in one of the cabins, and help moving boxes of paper to a recycling facility.

One property is at the top of a mountain, very secluded, views and is where a house burnt down so there are paved pads, water, sewer and electric. HOWEVER, we have not yet attempted to turn on the utilities. Maybe someone can help with that.

Our road to most of these properties is very steep and narrow, one lane, paved with switchbacks. Larger rigs will not make it up here. I have a 2003 Tahoe and a 19.5 Sunline, I am not sure we could go bigger than that. But, if someone is truly interested, I can post a video of the drive up. That is for the property with hookups, remote, no house. We do have a spot just off the highway for bigger rigs.

We are looking for someone in good physical shape, licensed/insured/bonded is preferred. Single, or couple, but no children please. Amount of work hours depend on how long the stay at our facilities.

Feedback is welcome!

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm

https://www.gatlinburg.com/

https://www.mypigeonforge.com/

Previous full timer 10/2015 - 8/2016
Previous full timer 1992-1996
Rocketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #2

SUN #9247
enormiss is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea of work camping but your about 10years too early for me