Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Work Camping
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #21

SUN #115
emam
Well, there has been a huge change of events in our traveling lives as we ran out of cash to continue to stay on the road, so we're going to be settling down for the winter in North-West Florida.

Cindy and I will be running a little Motel/RV Campground and Tiki Bar for the next few years.

We hope to be able to still take the summer months off to do some traveling, so Buttonwood might just be on our agenda for next summer.

As soon as we get settled in, I'll let everyone know, but it probably wont be till the 1st of the year before we have everything ready to go.

We're actually leaving San Diego this morning (Black Friday) for the East Coast, so the next few weeks will be logging a bunch of miles on the Sunline going from the Pacific Ocean to the opposite side of the Untied States

Great to be back on the board, and looking forward to seeing all of you in the coming months

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #22

SUN #104
murc
Pat + Cindy,
The wife and I talk alot about doing the exact same thing. The one question I have is what do you do for health insurance? It is the number one thing that is holding us back

Win the day!
Mike

Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #23

SUN #115
emam
Hey Mike, I guess I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why Health Care would be holding me back if I wanted to travel fulltime? Unless I had some chronic thing that kept me to the doctors.

For Cindy and I, I honestly think we went to the doctors more when we lived in a stick home strictly because we were more stationary.

Moving full time, we tend to follow the nice weather. We are active non-stop, walking, riding bikes or paddling daily, and except for the one time Cindy had to go to the emergency room because of a nasty case of Poison Oak she got while hiking, we've yet to need a doctor or medical treatment in the 3 years on the road.

We have a type of insurance that is called Disaster Insurance where we pay $140 per month, but we have a $2500 deductable. Once that deductable is met, the insurance picks up 100%.

We had this type of insurance even when we lived in our normal home and worked daily jobs. We've both just stayed true to the rule, live healthy, stay healthy and you rarely need medical treatment.

If you do need to go see a doctor, its usually for something big time, and that $2500 deductable adds up within the first few visits if it was for a major surgery or anything like that.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #24

SUN #128
Tweety
There are alot of people in their 50's working for employer provided health insurance. The older you are the more expensive it is, and from what I'm told if you have a preexisting condition it's even more problematic. You can check on ehealthinsurance.com to get an idea of prices.
Nice job on the new website Pat. I love the colors of the hotel...has that tropical funky look. Congrats on the new adventure!
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #25

SUN #115
emam
Thanks Pam!! We're excited and looking forward to our 1st season as tropical Motel/Campground managers

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 12-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #26

SUN #953
Ron & Alice
Hi Pat & Cindy,
I already posted this elsewhere, but hopefully we will get to stop by sometime in Feb. Can't wait!
Ron & Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #27

SUN #115
emam
Looking forward to meeting some fellow Cannucks! My mothers side of the family is all French-Canadian, so we can talk polar bears, eskimos and toast Molson's....LOL

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com