Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Recipes
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #1

SUN #96
rebellious78
Roasted Game Hens

We did this on our last trip...

Ingrediants:
2 or more Cornish game Hens thawed
BBQ seasoning or the seasoning of your choice
Oil for the grate
Charcoal grill and charcoal- We used a Weber Smokey Joe
Thermometer (optional)

Thaw your Game Hens and rinse and dry them. Go ahead and start some coals in your grill. Cooking the Hens with this method requires that your pile your coals up on one side of the grill and leave them alone. Once you get the coals going, go ahead season the birds the way you would like. Once seasoned place the birds back in the fridge till your coals are ready.(70% or more white). Could take a half hour.
If you would like you may use wood chips for additional smoke flavoring that is up to you. Which ever route you chose they will turn out well. Once the coals are ready place the birds on the oiled grate and let the cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or untill the internal temp is at least 180 degrees, another good way to tell when they are done is if the drum stick pull out easily. Remove them from the grill and enjoy your own little roast chicken.

Have fun

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #2

SUN #3717
Davis is an unknown quantity at this point
I would try that recipe you got in there. Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #3

SUN #4419
tericuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone, Chuck and I had fun meeting everyone at Nick's Lake. Kathy asked me to post the recipe for my Barbecue Chicken Dip so here it is for everyone.
In a 9x12 baking pan (I used the 10x12 Aluminum disposable baking pan) spread one package of softened cream cheese (just leave out for hour or so), cut up and cook about 2 lbs of skinless chicken breasts until start to brown, add 3/4 stick of margarine to fry pan with the chicken, add 3/4 Frank's Hot Sauce to chicken and butter when it starts to simmer add to top of cream cheese, add Ranch Dressing just to drizzle over top, never measure just drizzle all over top of chicken, add 8 oz package of shredded cheese, I use 5 cheese Italian but you can use any cheese you like, bake in 350 oven until it bubbles and cheese is melted about 30 min. Let me know if you try it and like it. Thanks for everyone's kind words for Chuck's mother we really appreciate it. Hope to see you all next year. Chuck and Terry Spinner