Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > General Campground Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #1

SUN #328
bugbite
SEC Conference Fans? Sunline to games?

Anyone camp out and then hop a ride to a SEC game?

BB

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess not since I don't even know what you are talking about!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a big college football fan, Kathy?

SEC is an NCAA Division I sports conference. Big football fans as well as all their other sports.
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
OK - so I don't know a THING about football!!!! Or any other sport, unless Nascar is a sport, then I know a little!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #5

SUN #328
bugbite
WOT Blasphemy!

Even one of my best friends in Long Island follows FL and TN Vol football. My best friend in Staten Island has learned of our Vols. She has an orange jacket and shirt to prove it.

The opposing army takes about every camping space for 40 mi around. A very large contingent of the otherside. One does not before the game or after get on I-75 or I-40 on homegame Saturdays. Keep that in mind as you make your way to FL or want to camp in the Smoky Mountains. Look up our schedule first.

Of course a giant division of RVs go to our opponents too. So look for a long line of RVs with orange and white flags on our away games on I-40 and I-75.

We also have a VOL Navy whose boats tie up together on a marina just below our football stadium...

I guarantee it all who move down South WILL know about SEC Football and our Lady Vols Basketball Team. It is practically the only topic starting the first practice and if we are lucky enough to get in a bowl game. Last coupla years we stunk... but there is a saying... just wait until next year!

I instructed Al Wilson (now Denver Broncos) and also Benji Shular millionaire real estate brother of Heath Shular. Al came to class and it was just announced he got drafted by Denver. Obviously there was no instruction going on. I made Al sign all the students' papers and hats and shirts. Told them that would be the last autograph opportunity. Al was SHY in class even turned red. But an animal on the field. Possibly the best middleline backer the SEC has ever seen or will ever see.

So just a friendly suggestion should you be headed to FL down I-75, I-40 make sure you know our schedule on Saturdays in the Fall.

No other conference is so immersed in their teams like we are down here.

BB
UT Grad MS '96
Old 06-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #6

SUN #114
pamwinn
Oh Yeah? Well I taught Hines Ward...of UGA and Pittsburg Steeler fame...Superbowl MVP.

Dogs Rule
Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #7

SUN #328
bugbite
Football what else?

OOoo a Dawg fan!

Love UGA! Love Smoky too!

Neat! I notice more and more we have some similarity.

Am I right or am I right? SEC Football IS the topic in the Fall!

Far warnin' too! Be very careful around Atlanta on football Sat.

Ever gone with the army on a caravan my UGA good bud?

This we can both agree on... when it comes to any SEC playing any team out of conference we always root for the SEC Team. No conference like it!

Yall look up The University of Tennessee and the University of Georgia.

Go VOLs!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #8

SUN #114
pamwinn
HEy bugbite, I go to Maryville quite often as I am working on my EDS degree from Lincoln Memorial. I was there last weekend and will be there the weekend of 7/7. My final class is on 7/21. We stay in Townsend at a little place called the Bunkhouse Inn. I have a week after that final class before preplanning starts and we would like to take our trailer up and do some quality camping in the area. What is the absolute best campground with full hook-ups in the area? We have seen Tremont and Little River Indian and they look okay but I am wondering if there is anything better. What we would like to do is take our camper up and leave it somewhere for a few days while I prepare for class in the BH Inn and then move it to a campround when I finish class on the 21st. Do you know of a place that would let us park our trailer in that interim of time. I don't want to wake up at 5AM in a campground and have to get all dressed up for class and my final presentation that day, but we'd like to avoid driving all the way back to Atlanta to get the Sunline just to turn around and drive back.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #9

SUN #328
bugbite
Camping in Townsend, TN the quiet side of the Smokies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamwinn
HEy bugbite, I go to Maryville quite often as I am working on my EDS degree from Lincoln Memorial.

... I don't want to wake up at 5AM in a campground and have to get all dressed up for class and my final presentation that day, but we'd like to avoid driving all the way back to Atlanta to get the Sunline just to turn around and drive back.
OH WOW! How exciting for you! I know some teachers that got their masters from LM when I was teaching in Pigeon Forge. One went onto to get her PhD. You will do just fine! Congratulations!

Would you believe I have never camped at a campground for TTs? Have tho in the park. The park is pretty hairy except in a very ratty ole PUP. Your rig probably would do fine but its rather ruff.

I told my DH that is going to change IF we wants me to chip in w/ a TT.

We camp at Big South Fork National Park in Oneida, TN on the border w/ KY.

I used to live in Lousville, TN just up above Maryville.

Now a fellow Knoxvillian on RV.net said she really liked ...

Little River Village Campground -

http://www.littlerivervillage.com

8533 State Highway 73, Townsend - (865) 448-2241

It's the last opening on the left .2 of a mile before the park entrance.

However a fellow Georgian of yours said that they were bought out from being a mom and pop by KOA and they went up $20 a night.

I'm not sure what it was before that. The website just says call for rates. Come back at me if or when you call. If it's not toooo expensive we may just go there when the DH gets it together...

Now I did meet this Ma and Pa at the Knoxville RV Show in Feb. They seemed pretty nice. They don't have a pool tho. Wish they would spring for one.

Big Meadow, Townsend, TN.
http://www.bigmeadowcampground.com/

Right on the Little Pigeon a quick turn on Wears Valley Road
Big Meadow Family Campground was opened on May 22, 1995. The park was built and continues to be operated by Malcolm, Barbara & Greg Johnson.

If you want to read reviews of the Townsend area go here:

About Camping

http://camping.about.com/od/campgrou...nd_Reviews.htm
Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #10

SUN #114
pamwinn
We have checked out all of those....we are only a couple of miles up the road. We have also looked in Cades Cove. Though it would not be much difficulty pulling in there and it is certainly beautiful, we are not prepared to dry camp rough it at this time. And the bath house only has a toilet...no showers. We do not have a generator....someday

I think the best right in the Townsend area is probably Tremont...I'd like something towards Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge or maybe even further north if there is somewhere special. We have already seen everything around there...more than once. I have been going there monthly at least once a month (twice in June) for a year. Our hotel is about 20 feet off the River so we are very familiar with it. I've seen raccoons, deer, geese, beaver, skunks and with the weather of summer....snakes.

I will be finished with this degree and would like to celebrate with a nice camping trip. We have not been able to camp with the LMU stuff going on. We have only been camping once in the TT. We went to Hilton Head over spring break. That was fun.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #11

SUN #196
tinybluetj
We do the Beast (big east) every once in a while. We love the MOUNTIANEERS!!!!!!!! The Vols are another favorite. My Grandaddy had tickets on the 45ish yard line about 8 rows up for years! I remember sitting there with Grandaddy, sipping hot cocoa.... I haven't been to a game since I as a kid-some things you just can't go back to I guess.

But then again, maybe we should have a 'SunlineVol' event. HEHEHE

We have never taken out Que to the games, hivever. I think it woul be out of place with all the mega RVs! (NOt that thaty would stop me, however...)
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #12

SUN #640
Mooner
SEC Conference games

OK, this is my first post here, so I figured I'd make some quick friends by saying....

Go Buckeyes! (OK, OK....we're really gonna beat an SEC team this year...lol)

Mooner