Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > Canada
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Parks in Ontario

I live in south western Ontario, about 1/2 way between Niagara Falls and Toronto. I can safely say I've camped most all of my life. I've camped in most of the Provincial Parks (same as state parks) because we tend to like them better as they all adhere to the same standards.
Algonquin Park is massive and has several camp grounds within. I have camped in each campground and many of the campsites.

Next is Grundy Lake Provincial Park further on up and out of the way, a smaller park (300sites?).

Next comes Long Point Provincial Park which is the first park I ever camped at in 1949. I was only 2 years old and don't remember much but have camped there almost every year since. Ahhh, now I remember
If you look at Google Maps you'll see a peninsula of sorts at the bottom end of Lake Ontario facing almost to Erie PA. That's Long Point mostly all sandy campsite and occasional grassy sites.

One gem we just came across this year is Bonnechere Provincial Park, east of Algonquin and west of a town called Pembroke. It has 128 campsites. but only 24 with electrical hookups and 4 rustic cabins. The campground is quiet and peaceful. However, you will notice a lot of kids playing about, kids just being kids and having fun. We found this campground extremely family oriented and kid friendly. They have interpretive programs almost every day. Full blown showers and a store with all the amenities. camping? oh ya. It's great for camping. I made two new friends there this year. I tend to attract Chipmunks, armed with peanuts and sunflower seed I really do attract them. It takes time to gain their trust but they will run around and climb about. I set down several peanuts, one at a time so they end up getting closer and closer, then onto my pant leg, belly and tightly between my lips as he (she?) tries to yank it out., Great photo-op for a selfie

There are still many, many provincial campgrounds we haven't camped at. Many we've driven through and some ....just not for us. We like secluded sites for privacy. Secluded meaning foliage buffers between sites.
Now that we have our T1350, we're on a roll. Those days of tents and sleeping on the ground are over, getting too old for that. Hence.... "been there done that"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130924_160550.jpg (132.1 KB, 11 views)

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #2

SUN #1354
dieseldaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I live about 45 minutes north of Grundy PP but we really like to camp at Bass Lake PP (Orillia) and Emily PP (between Lindsay & Peterborough). Another great park is the KOA in Cookstown (Hwy 400) and the Sault Ste. Marie KOA. We have camped at many PP in Ontario and general are pretty good. Very friendly and helpful park staff at Bass Lake when we had a vehicle breakdown, they really went out of their way to help us.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #3

SUN #9498
Draughty is an unknown quantity at this point
Old thread but being from Sudbury Ontario I am using some of the PP's as well.
Chutes in Massey is great and I have heard (soon going to visit) that Halfway Lake just North of Onaping is hidden gem.
I also have found that some of the private parks on Manitoulin are quite nice. Should you wish to use the Ferry (Chi-Cheemaun pronounced chee-chee-maun) from Tobermory to South Baymouth which is a terrific and beautiful ride. You will get off or on at the South Baymouth terminal and be within a kilometer of the South Bay Resort and RV Park. Very nice with water side sites if you can get one.
Stanley Park is also nice with some waterfront nightly sites. The waterfront nightlies are much nicer in my opinion than the seasonal sites as the seasonals are pretty packed in!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #4

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by merle243 View Post
I can't seem to figure out how to begin a new forum, so hope you don't mind me just commenting on existing conversations; anyway, we just had our 2005 Sunline Sole get hit by a tornado on Sunday night. We had no insurance while it was just parked, so we have routed the unit and are trying to find a way forward. The unit is still mostly complete but has damages to the siding and roof. Does anyone know who we could contact for a repair quote, or would anyone on here by interested in buying the unit for parts?
Go to the top of your page and click on FORUMS, it's basically a restart. then scroll down and you'll see NEW TOPIC, then do your thing. Hope that helps

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote

« Newfoundland | - »