Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > South Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #1

SUN #128
Tweety
Longs, SC (near Myrtle Beach) - Willow Tree RV Resort

Willow Tree RV Resort

www.willowtreervr.com

Another perfect campground, but you have to not mind signing their releases when you check in
Full hookups
WiFi that works very slowly sometimes
the biggest sites I've ever seen
paved grassy sites with cement patios some back up to a lake some have hot tubs for an additional $25/day
plenty of activities
lake with pedal and john boat rentals
1 mile paved bicycle trail around the lake
nice pool
really nice bathrooms
This place is first class. It's about 10 minutes to get to Myrtle Beach, but if you don't want to partake of all that Myrtle Beach has to offer there would be no reason to leave the grounds! LOVE IT

SITE 14 backs up to the lake, and yes it really is that big

Lake view from our site

(date on photos should say 1/1/09 )

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #2

SUN #721
RGar
Willow tree

Tweety,
what exactly are you signing in their releases? My wife and I are thinking of going there in October.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Oh gosh it was 2 years ago now since we were there, but as I recall it was just basic stuff saying you won't hold them responsible if you injure yourself. It was nothing that should keep anyone from going there. This is honestly the most clean, well kept, resort style campground we've ever been to. We were there at the end of a 2 week trip to Charleston, SC. We were supposed to be at Willow Tree for 3 nights and extended to 5 nights. I think I even enjoyed the laundry room!
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Willow Tree Resort is just an awesome RV Park, mom and I stumbled upon it in April '06 when we decided to head to Myrtle Beach. At that time they were still installing the rv sites and utilities. I have mentioned it to Gary, as it's a great place to go especially if you just want to hang around your rig and chill out.

Should you want to venture into Myrtle Beach, it's not that far to get there, BUT, I sure was surprised that you could not see the beach or ocean unless you find a place to park, and that did not appear to be an easy task either.

Shopping and food choices seemed to be never ending.

I still want to go back to Myrtle Beach, just so we can stay at Willow Tree.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #5

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
When we lived in Myrtle Beach we'd go to the state park. The per car admission wasn't so bad since we'd pack a cooler, go fishing or hunt for shark teeth and make a day of it. Such times as that was when I really appreciated coolers with wheels on them. There did use to be a few, and far between, city streets that would deadend at the beach. I imagine they are motel parking lots by now.

jim
Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #6

SUN #1890
Mrsrogers is an unknown quantity at this point
I just booked there for 4 days in April, on our way to Florida! Glad to know that it will be so nice!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #7

SUN #1890
Mrsrogers is an unknown quantity at this point
Kitty -> We were just in Myrtle Beach, having been there quite a few times before and not being able to acess the ocean unless you walk thru a hotel alley is annoying. Enough people must have complained because they just installed a beautiful boardwalk! You can see it on the myrtle beach webpage. It's very nice!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #8

SUN #4654
stephenlee is an unknown quantity at this point
I am new at this,I am looking for good camp groond and prices in SC. THANKS.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #9

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
We use to live in Myrtle Beach and worked at the beach front motels. We haven't been to MB for over ten years now but "back then" the beach access was hard for anyone but ocean front motel guests. Finding public parking was limited and not close to the beach so any chairs, umbrellas and coolers needed a good cart or strong arms and legs. The few times we did stay at a motel, or when working at the motels, we had a almost direct walk to the beach.

The new boardwalk at Myrtle Beach now makes beach access even more difficult. It acts like The Berlin Wall between people and the ocean. It use to be that each motel had direct beach access from their doors. Now the new boardwalk and the new sand dunes, make everyone use only allowed beach access points. Where we use to find a parking place and use the nearest alley to the beach there is a very long walk from any available public parking, if you can find it, to the allowed access points. Everyone now walks more, guests and locals.

The best beach accesses are at campgrounds where you can park/camp within a reasonable walking distance and have prettier, less crowded beaches. If you do want motels with easy beach access find a motel that is past the ends of the boardwalk with the shortest walk. There you will find more direct beach access. Any of the ocean front campgrounds are good. Some are more complete and you never have to leave the campground while others are basic sites with a small store. I like the campgrounds on the South of Myrtle beach and I like the State Parks the best. Myrtle Beach State Park with the shade trees is most comfortable during the heat of Summer.
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #10

SUN #987
awellis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenlee View Post
I am new at this,I am looking for good camp groond and prices in SC. THANKS.
Don't overlook Myrtle Beach State Park. A green oasis, the way the whole oceanfront was before humans recreated it in their own image.

Teach

"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote