Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > North Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #1

SUN #382
Mooney
Cape Cod, MA- Sweetwater Forest

Campground Information:

Campground Name: Sweetwater Forest

Campground Address: 676 Harwich Road; Brewster, MA 02631 (Rte. 124)

Campground Phone #: (50896-3773

Campground Web Site: http://www.sweetwaterforest.com

Campground Visit / Stay Information:

Date(s) of Visit/Stay: 4-11 to 4-13-08

Length of Visit/Stay: 2 days/ 2 nights

Site # / Type: Back in, Lake view, W/E/G dry pit – Back in Site A44

Site Amenities: Picnic Table, Grey water dry pit, cable, fire ring

List of Charges: Off-season In-season (6-15 to 9-10)
No hookups 27 30
Electric/ Water 32 40
Full 35 44
Kids >2, <18>18 10 10
Gate key dep (N/A) 5
onsite pumpout 15 15
Storage- daily 5; monthly 50
in- camp moves 30/ per
Dog Fee 1
Boats 2.50
Extra cars (max 2) 2.50/ per
Winterization 70+
Seasonal 3800 (4-1 to 10-31; free storage for the rest of year) WAIT LIST APPLIES

First Visit or Return Visit: First

Your Rating (1 Low – 5 High): 3

Credit Cards Accepted (VISA, MC, Disc, None): MC, V, Disc.

Discounts Accepted (Good Sam, KOA, other): unknown

Interior Roads: Narrow, dirt/ gravel, many tight turns

Level Sites: Yes, nice and level, many are tight though

Wide/Open Sites: Some yes, some no- there are a LOT of sites in this CG

Restroom Cleanliness: decent, not great (Off season though- the first weekend they were open this year)

Store: yes, not open when we were there

Game Room: Not open when we were there, but...

Yes, adults upstair, library, tv, billiards, pingpong, game tables, cards, board games, sofas/ chairs
Yes, kids downstair, video games, pingpong, tv, benches, outdoor patio

Pool: NO (lots and lots of nearby ocean and fresh beaches though- it is Cape Cod)

Campground Impressions: Well run, old layout. Minimalist staff this early in the year, but NICE and quiet. Easy going. Very hilly in the CG. Mobility impaired people will want to tell them in advance for an easier time getting around.

CAMPGROUND PROVIDED MAP IS HORRID. The young man who checked us in told us how to get to our site, according to the map- which was WRONG. We found many discrepancies between where the map told us we could go (and which way to go on the road) and the actual layout. He told us one way to go, which led us the wrong way to the site, it would have been an uphill, 145 degree driverside turn into the site, provided I wanted to put my TV throught the trees.... so we went to turn around, and got into a little road to the tent sites with BARELY enough clearance to make it through with our unit intact. Overhanging low trees, tight, tight turns.... It was BAD. Once I got us turned around (taking all of the possible room and all my skill), we found our site up an unmapped road, with a very easy (but somewhat tight) blindside backin- with a beautiful view.

OVERESTIMATE the size of your camper, and tell them it is low-slung, or you will be sorry.

Kid Friendly: Yes, lets of activities on and off the grounds

People Friendly: yes

WiFi Friendly: unknown

Cell Phone Coverage: yes, both Sprint and Verizon

Pet Friendly: Yes, providing they are well behaved, BOARDING is available (and I believe is required if you are going off site without him/ her/ it)

Personal Comments:
A nice, quiet, well-controlled campground. Quiet hours are strict- 9 pm to 8 am, and they are known (even 80+ miles away at our RV store) to enforce them with an iron fist.

From their camp rules:
"Social Conduct: Any person using profane language or acting under the influence of liqour or drugs will be asked to leave the property immediately. No refund will be given." As the local police station is 50 yards from the camp entrance, I wouldn't chance it.

Checkin- 12pm to 10 pm, there is an overflow area available for super-late arrivals

Checkout- 11am, extensions can be made, space permitting, prior to 9 am. They will move you out if you aren't gone and they need the site (all sites are cleaned after departure) "If you overstay your checkout time we reserve the right to carefully remove your equipment from the site. You will be charged for an additional day plus a $10 equipment moving fee."

I would go back again, especially in the early season- but next time I will ask for guidance to find the site, as the map is just foolishness.

'05 2380s Solaris Lite, axles flipped
Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #2

SUN #385
Hematite
Wow! Thanks for the VERY detailed review of this campground! Some really important points, especially about the map. I am actually looking at this campground and Bay View in Bourne. Bay View has higher ratings (the only double 5 star rated on the Cape) but I like the fact that Sweetwater has a Dog Day care. I have to find out the cost of the Day care. I'm going to take a car trip up to the Cape next week to look the campgrounds over and eat some delicious seafood!

2007 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 4x4, 5.4 FFV engine, 3.73LS.
Hematite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #3

SUN #382
Mooney
As far as the review goes, thanks for the kind words! I inherited the gift of gab from my folks....

you may also want to take a look at Bourne Scenic Park in Bourne, MA.

It is just at the foor of the Bourne Bridge, you get off the last exit (I think they renumbered it as exit 2 now), go 3/4 of the way around the rotary, and take the 3rd exit (Scenic Highway/ Route 6 East).

At the first light you will see Bourne Scenic on the right.

The best part is that you wouldn't have to tow across the bridges- Summer traffic is notoriously ruthless.

When on Cape during the Summer, don't even bother trying to turn left across the major roads such as 6A and 28- just turn right out of whatever lot you're in, go up the road a piece, and turn around there- traffic is tough, the locals are worse
'05 2380s Solaris Lite, axles flipped
Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote