Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > Central
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

SUN #4364
dtstanton is an unknown quantity at this point
Texas Panhandle - Wolf Creek Park

Wolf Creek Park is a county park in Ochiltree County, Texas. Lake Fryer in the park offers fishing, swimming, and boating. The 86 acre lake is regularly stocked, swimming is "at your own risk" (in the designated area), and boating is "no wake". I've seen everything from kayaks to pontoon boats using it. There is a paved boat ramp. Wolf Creek Park is located in a wooded setting about 5 miles off of US 83, adding to its peaceful atmosphere.

There are 94 RV sites that have some 20, plenty of 30, and a few 50 amp hookups, with water. There are two dump stations in the park. The water/electric services are shared, two sites for each box/outlet. A "Y" water connector will be required when both spots are used. Access to the power/breaker box might require an extension cable since it may be on the "wrong" side, and just a little bit too far to reach with the RV's cable alone. Each has a picnic table, standing grill, and fire ring. There are two handicap-accessible fishing piers available for anglers, and plenty of shoreline to fish from.

The Lobo Trading Post is the on-site restaurant (with some convenience items), open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday and 8:00 am - 3:00 pm on Sundays. Closed Mondays. It's a down-home type restaurant with traditional American cuisine. I personally had the buffet one day, and it was very good! The ribs were large and the meat just fell off the bone and will melt in your mouth. As they say, if you go away hungry it's your own fault.

Camping prices are very reasonable, and a $2.00 park improvement fee is tacked on to the camping fee. The 30 amp spot with water was only $17.00 per night - regular price. Senior (over 55) and military/veteran discounts are available.

Maneuvering in campgrounds 2 and 3 can get tricky due to the trees, but I've seen some decent-sized rigs in them. The rest of the campgrounds should be no problem. I understand that there is a new campground - number 9 - that is not on this map, and it's supposed to have sewer service as well. (I didn't pay any attention to it when I was there, sorry.)

This is one of the best kept secrets in the panhandle.

TT: 1988 Sunline T-1350
TV: 2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
dtstanton is offline   Reply With Quote