Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > Mid-Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #1

SUN #307
purplesuebug
PA----French Creek State Park

Campground Name: French Creek State Park

Campground Address:
French Creek State Park
843 Park Road
Elverson, PA 19520-9523
Manager: Eric Brown

Campground Phone #: 610-582-9680

Campground Web Site: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...enchcreek.aspx

Date(s) of Visit/Stay: July 22 & 23 2007

Length of Visit/Stay: 2 nights

Site # / Type (PT or BkIn) / Hook-Ups (WES or WE or E or None):
Site # C-12
Back In VERY EASY
Electric Only

Site Amenities (Picnic Table (PT); Paved/Gravel/Grass; Pad; Cable; etc):
30/50 Amp Electric
Picnic Table (a little warped but usable)
Paved Pad very level bit dirt & gravel "yard"
A bonus raspberry bush on site tho the briers grabbed me twice.

Rate / night: $17.00

Extra Charges / night (Pets, Children, A/C, etc): We had no extra charges

First Visit or Return Visit: First Time Camping here. Been here numerous times for day use.

Your Rating (1 Low – 5 High): 4

Campground Facilities Information:
Number & Type of Sites (PT / Back-In): Camping is available year-round at 201 wooded, modern sites that are with in easy access to shower and flush toilet facilities. Over 50 sites have electric hookups and more may be added in the future.

Hook-Ups (# with WES / WE / E /None): ~50 Electric

Credit Cards Accepted (VISA, MC, Disc, None): Yes, reservations on line

Discounts Accepted (Good Sam, KOA, other): People with a disability can receive a $3 discount from the base campsite price upon request.Senior citizens, 62 years of age or older, can receive a discount on the base campsite fee at a Pennsylvania state park by showing proof of age.

Interior Roads (Paved/Gravel; Wide/Narrow; Good/Bad): Paved, one way 4 loops very good shape. We noticed 2-3 large motor homes and fifth wheelers.

Level Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): VERY level 3+

Wide/Open Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): Sites are wooded with shruberies & raspberries between you and you neighbor. They are pretty wide. If you like privacy in a larger campground which we do, I give it a 3

Restroom Cleanliness (1 low – 3 high): 1.5 they are older and a stupid (I hope it was a kid) left a surprise in the shower.

Store (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): No

Game Room (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): No

Pool (Yes/No; Heated/Not Heated; Clean, rating: 1 low – 3 high): Yes with fee....Did not use

Campground Impressions:
Kid Friendly (Yes/No - Activities): Yes many children but they are pretty quiet. A lot of Bike riding on the loop roads. Ranger lead classes and hikes.

People Friendly (Yes/No): Yes VERY

WiFi Friendly (Yes/No; - Charge?/Service Provider?): NO

Cell Phone Coverage (Yes/No - Service Provider?): Yes, I have AT&T with no problems

Pet Friendly (Yes/No): One loop is pet friendly. Although you may hear a bark or so during the day, it is very quiet at night

Personal Comments: I was somewhat surprised, I thought it would be loud and bright but it was the opposite. I live only 7 miles from here and wanted the first campground camping to be close in case Chase needed to go home or we forgot something. Luckily, Chase did really well and although we forgot "EVERYTHING", we had a lot of fun. A really nice "State Park" Campground.

Sorry for the edit, I wanted to add a couple pictures of the site

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh that fire looks so nice! This past weekend the only fire I had was with a gas fire pit (no "real" fires allowed) and the gas ran out at about 8:30! Fortunately we went down to a neighbors fire and actually got to making our smores. The gas fires are nice that you can turn them off when you want, but it's not good when they go off when you don't want them to .

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #3

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Jon,
Just an addition to this for you. There were 4 other Sunlines there just on our loop. We did not walk thru the other loops since they were no pt loops. I talked with a guy who just bought his, a 2299. He was real proud of his find as well he should, it looked brand new. I guess we are in the middle of Sunline country and seeing so many in one place is not a rarity here. By the way, Sue ate a half bag of marshmellows over that fire this weekend!!!!!! Marshall
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
I can't believe it. I just reserved sites C10 and 12 for Oct. 19th weekend and thought I'd look on the forums to see if anyone had reviewed French Creek. Not only do I find a review I find a picture of the campsite I reserved! If you happen to be there that weekend be sure to stop by
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote