Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Hi Wayne,

I'm no expert, by far, but wanted to throw a few numbers past you. According to the 2004 Sunline brochure, the '04 T-2570 had an UN-loaded weight of 4,695lbs. and a gross vehicle weight rating of 7,000lbs. If you're like most people, you will be closer to the 7,000lbs than you'd care to admit.

You will need to know the weight ratings for your Sequoia. It's not enough, to say it will tow 6,200lbs. You will need to know the Sequoia's maximum weight rating (GVWR) and how heavy it will be, when it's fully loaded for camping (People weight included) You will then need to add the weight, that the camper puts on the truck. You will still need to stay under the Sequoia's GVWR.

After figuring all that, you will need to know the Sequoia's gross combined vehicle weight rating. That weight, is the total weight of the fully loaded truck and the fully loaded camper.... Combined.

You cannot go by the unloaded weight of either the Sequoia or the Sunline. The weights you need to consider, is the fully loaded weight.

Hope this helps..

Gary...

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #22

SUN #1965
Erinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Wayne - it really depends on your particular Sequoia. According to Edmunds.com the Sequoias have varied quite a bit over the years: 2006 - dry weight 5090; GVWW 6600; towing 6500 2007 - dry weight 5100; GVWW 6600; towing 6500 2008 - dry weight 5680; GVWW 7000; towing 7800 Plus there were probably options that may affect the towing capacity. I would recommend talking to a Toyota dealer or Toyota directly. Looks like Toyota has a customer service number 800-331-4331, but I don't know if that works - they are closed right now.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #23

SUN #809
ihsolutions
I used to own a T-2570. My personal opinion is it might be a bit much for a Sequioa. I was pulling mine with a 2500HD pickup and even then I have sway occasionally. With the shorter wheelbase and softer suspension of the Toyota, well, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that combo unless I had a top of the line setup like a Hensley Arrow.

Others may not agree, this is just an opinion. Our hitch weight with that trailer was higher than you might think... we found ourselves putting a lot of stuff in the bedroom (front) during travel, because there isn't really a lot of storage for big bulky items during transit. So we would just pile stuff on and around the bed and take it out when we got to our destination.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #24

SUN #999
WayneG
This is one of the reasons I really want to find a Sunline. The campers are the best, and the Sunline owners are better yet.
Thanks for the guidance.
I am not in a position to trade tow vehicles at this time, so is there a Sunline that would fit the Sequoia?

Wayne
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #25

SUN #1965
Wanna buy my truck too? : )
Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #26

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
This is one of the reasons I really want to find a Sunline. The campers are the best, and the Sunline owners are better yet.
Thanks for the guidance.
I am not in a position to trade tow vehicles at this time, so is there a Sunline that would fit the Sequoia?

Wayne

Hi Wayne

We would be glad to help you and your wife size up a range of Sunlines that can work well with your current tow vehicle.

Create a post here on SOC in the Towing Forum and re-ask your question, How big a Sunline can we tow?

And with that question we need some info to start with so provide as much as you can in the post. See this post as a starter. It may take a few moments to read over but it helps explain the questions.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...ing-10775.html

See the 2nd reply down that Steve Collins wrote where he asked about info on your present Tow Vehicle (TV). Give us that info and some general areas you want to travel to camp. We know you do not yet have the camper but we need to know the truck and how you want to camp. We can then help show you how to figure this towing stuff out so you can learn and find the Sunline of your dreams and have a pleasant towing experience at the same time.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #27

SUN #999
WayneG
Thanks John and Erinn
I'll create a new post.

Wayne
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #28

SUN #1965
I am happy to report that the unit has sold. I did recommend that the buyers join this group so hopefully you will see some happy new owners here soon. Any help you can provide them would be much appreciated. : ) Thank you!

Tags
$8500, 2004, solaris, t2570