Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Accessories, Parts, Etc. For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #1

SUN #958
Charles Wilcox
T-1950 radio wanted

We purchased a 1998 T-1950 the build-in radio is missing does anyone know where I can find one? We'd like the make and model number to help find one, thanks

Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Charles,

Here's a pic of what the original radio would have looked like. I'm not sure if the remote came with all of them, but many are either missing or broken.

The model is AE2000. I'm not sure of the make. I remember it was something weird like Forest Park or something. I can't find a pic that shows the make anywhere. I do have a pic of the back of the unit and it doesn't show anything new besides the serial number.

Oh, the backlight either went out on almost all of these or there wasn't one to begin with, because the face is extremely hard to see. If you get down with either really good light conditions or a flashlight, you can see the screen to tune the radio.

If the hole is larger or you have two holes, then you probably had the optional CD player, which attached to this radio unit.

There's a few people who suggest replacing these old radios anyway. I common replacement is an aftermarket car stereo or even a take-out unit from a vehicle. I think that's just about your only option now because the company that made these is probably out of business. You could also replace it with a new Voyager, which is what was used in the later Sunline years, but I'm not sure if that would make sense cost wise compared to a better car stereo. The only problem with the Voyager is it is roughly the same size as your hole, but rotated 90 degrees.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Your best bet is an aftermarket car radio. You'll need a sheet of Black ABS or wood or something to cover the opening where the old radio was and then cut a hole in that for the new one.

Aftermarket car units range from very inexpensive to outrageously expensive. Your choice.

The wiring is quite easy as all the wires that are at the radio location in the trailer match up to the wiring needs of the radio.

I had one of the old AE2000's. The display died after just a few years. I replaced it with a take-out unit from an '01 Jeep that was a cash-for-clunkers car.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #4

SUN #658
Nessmuk
I have not found aftermarket stereos to be too bad in price. Of course they can get VERY expensive but to improve over auto OEM equipment they don't have to be terribly expensive. $100 will buy you a decent unit at

www.crutchfield.com

though you can probably spend less. They also send mounting kits and wiring included in the price as well as offer free installation help by phone, and they know their stuff.

I don't know how that will work out with a flat face mounting but the salespeople there are incredible and should be able to help.

Of course there is Ebay and the $50.00 Wally World special too. Nowadays you can have it serve as a 12 volt audio and video center with a unit that can play DVDs on the unit's screen or on a remote screen for a couple hundred dollars on up. If you want to go hog wild I am sure you can get the latest Surround Sound.

Most units seem to have a remote now too.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #5

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
Ours has a replacement radio, but somehow we got the original remote control, lol, anyone need it?

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote