Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Accessories, Parts, Etc. For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #1

SUN #10860
Prayarga is an unknown quantity at this point
Need a corner sink for bath

Anyone selling a corner plastic sink for the bathroom? I can't find one for my 1987 T1550. I have one, but it is aged and yellow. I actually considered painting it, but I was told it may not hold up.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine was a kind of pink I painted it white 4 years ago. Also did the tub in black Krylon paint will stick to anything as long as it's clean!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #3

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
I am looking to replace mine as well. It is so discolored it looks almost brown. I did find a replacement online but it was more than I was prepared to pay at the time. I may replace during the Winter.

Ameri-Kart Single Bowl Corner Lavatory Sink 10X10 - RVSupplies.com

Corner Lavatory, White, 10 x 10 - $49.99

I actually found more sources but I think they cost more with those. I didn't think I could spray paint it and have it last. I have not used the Krylon paint before. I may try that first. If it does not work out then look into a replacement.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

SUN #10860
Need a corner sink for bath

50.00 is high. I agree that painting it first is worth a shot. However, it's headache free to just buy it and be done. Painting might not look very good . I'm going to check out the sites you posted. Thank you for the lead. If I find one for less I will let you know.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomascine View Post
I didn't think I could spray paint it and have it last. I have not used the Krylon paint before. I may try that first. If it does not work out then look into a replacement.
I found out something about ABS plastic last year which the bathroom sinks are made from. Each type of plastic reacts different to paint and what type of paint. This also follows the same thing with gluing plastic.

Last year I was painting the camper frame. Started with oil based Rustoleum Pro rusty metal primer. That oil based paint accidentally brushed onto the white ABS plastic molding around the steps of my camper. I never made it back to trying to get it off and by the time I did, it would not come off short of wire brushing it off. Then I painted the frame with black oil based Rustoleum Pro Enamel. And... some of that ended up on the white trim plastic along with the rusty metal primer color. It looked bad but it for sure was stuck on there.

Then this spring I had a tire blow out and it broke the step trim molding that ended up with carry over paint on it. It was for sure bonded to that trim molding being in the weather and sun for 1.5 years whenever we were out camping. to repair the trim molding I used ABS solvent weld to put the molding back together which was black... This post will show that ABS repair but you can see all the black solvent weld along with the primer and the black paint that ended up on the molding trim. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post143986

I painted that molding with Rustoleum oil based white enamel. Took 2 coats and it has been living now out in the weather all summer due to not being able to put the camper in the barn just yet. That oil based paint is still on as good as the day I put it on.

It went from this

To this

I have used the Rustoleum plastic paint on yellowing trim for the crank up roof vents. That plastic is different I believe then ABS. That plastic paint gave mixed results to almost a disaster. It would curl up. Next time for roof vent trim I will try the Krylon Fusion plastic paint as I know what I won't use.

Point being, for ABS plastic oil based enamel worked in my case which does come in a gloss paint. If you want to try it on a sink, just use a little with an artists brush in a test spot and try it. If it reacts anything like what I had, it should stick well. For sure clean the sink with a cleaner to remove all the soap scum etc. Test what you are using in a small spot as ABS does melt easy with some solvents.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

SUN #10860
Needs a corner sink for bath

Thank you for this info it is so helpful.[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I found out something about ABS plastic last year which the bathroom sinks are made from. Each type of plastic reacts different to paint and what type of paint. This also follows the same thing with gluing plastic.

Last year I was painting the camper frame. Started with oil based Rustoleum Pro rusty metal primer. That oil based paint accidentally brushed onto the white ABS plastic molding around the steps of my camper. I never made it back to trying to get it off and by the time I did, it would not come off short of wire brushing it off. Then I painted the frame with black oil based Rustoleum Pro Enamel. And... some of that ended up on the white trim plastic along with the rusty metal primer color. It looked bad but it for sure was stuck on there.

Then this spring I had a tire blow out and it broke the step trim molding that ended up with carry over paint on it. It was for sure bonded to that trim molding being in the weather and sun for 1.5 years whenever we were out camping. to repair the trim molding I used ABS solvent weld to put the molding back together which was black... This post will show that ABS repair but you can see all the black solvent weld along with the primer and the black paint that ended up on the molding trim. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post143986

I painted that molding with Rustoleum oil based white enamel. Took 2 coats and it has been living now out in the weather all summer due to not being able to put the camper in the barn just yet. That oil based paint is still on as good as the day I put it on.

It went from this

To this

I have used the Rustoleum plastic paint on yellowing trim for the crank up roof vents. That plastic is different I believe then ABS. That plastic paint gave mixed results to almost a disaster. It would curl up. Next time for roof vent trim I will try the Krylon Fusion plastic paint as I know what I won't use.

Point being, for ABS plastic oil based enamel worked in my case which does come in a gloss paint. If you want to try it on a sink, just use a little with an artists brush in a test spot and try it. If it reacts anything like what I had, it should stick well. For sure clean the sink with a cleaner to remove all the soap scum etc. Test what you are using in a small spot as ABS does melt easy with some solvents.

Hope this helps

John
Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #7

SUN #849
J&A Lima Oh
Corner plastic sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayarga View Post
Anyone selling a corner plastic sink for the bathroom? I can't find one for my 1987 T1550. I have one, but it is aged and yellow. I actually considered painting it, but I was told it may not hold up.
I have a round plastic sink you can have if it is what you are looking for. it was not in a corner. If you can send a picture and measurements to be sure it is the right one.
Jack
Old 10-13-2018, 09:09 PM   #8

SUN #10860
That's great news! It can't hurt to try right?
Old 10-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #9

SUN #10860
Hi! Thank you for the offer but my sink definitely has to fit in the corner. My bathroom is literally a stall. It's so small lol. So very generous of you and I appreciate it. You are officially in " the good guy drawer!"
Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #10

SUN #849
J&A Lima Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayarga View Post
Hi! Thank you for the offer but my sink definitely has to fit in the corner. My bathroom is literally a stall. It's so small lol. So very generous of you and I appreciate it. You are officially in " the good guy drawer!"
After I made the offer I found out the one I had would not work. Sorry.
Thanks for the reply
Jack