Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Accessories, Parts, Etc. For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #1

SUN #3777
bcak is an unknown quantity at this point
Curtains and Oven

Any suggestions on where to purchase or how to make curtains for our 15' 1984 Sunline travel trailer?

We just purchased our trailer and it only has a stove top. How difficult is it to take that and the cupboard below out and install a stove top and oven? Also where can you purchase that?
Thanks

Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #2

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
Hi and welcome!

The curtains on my 1999 are attached via velcro to the inside of the valence. They don't really block any light or anything, they are more decorative. If your valences are intact I would check the insider of the wood to see if there is velcro there, figure out the length of the velcro and gather fabric to be that length, hem, attach velcro to curtain, and then attach. I believe the standard for curtain width is two and a half times the size of the window, I suspect if you take the length of the velcro times 2 you will pretty close to the length of the fabric you need to gather.

The oven mod would be out of my knowledge range, but I am sure someone will have some info for you.

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
On a 1984, I suspect you have curtains that are just hanging on curtain hooks. Just pull up some and they will pull out of the small plastic sliders in the track up inside the valance.

To remove the hooks from the curtains, they should just slide right out of the curtain, as you'd want to do that to wash them.

I really doubt you could buy any anywhere, but if you have all the old ones, just use them for patterns and make your own. You could use just about any fabric, but if you're the type to be bothered by bright sun coming in first thing in the morning, you may want to consider sewing a thick backing fabric onto it. Then space the hooks out like they were before, jab them in, and hang them up.

Unlike the later curtains/valances, your curtains were designed to be the exclusive window coverings, so you'd slide them open/closed to cover the window.

I believe the valance fabric is both glued and stapled to the boards.

The oven mod shouldn't be too difficult because that was a factory option. You could order or potentially get a floor model from any RV dealer, Camping World, or if you wanted to drive, an RV Surplus in northern Indiana. I've never heard of anyone doing that mod before though, so I'm not sure what all is involved. These days, considering how poor of a job the RV ovens do, most prefer to have just the stove top and a microwave/convection oven.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #4

SUN #3777
bcak is an unknown quantity at this point
I got fabric tonight and am going to do as you suggested using the old ones as a pattern. The oven in our old 1972 Lark worked really well. We did buy one this week from a gentleman selling some salvaged parts. The oven is the same brand as our old so am hoping it works the same. Thanks for your advice!