Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Accessories, Parts, Etc. For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #1

SUN #2812
Mancave is an unknown quantity at this point
1983 T-1550 Parts?

Hello Everyone. Im new to this, but thought Id come to the community and see if someone here may be able to help me a little. I recently "sort" of inherited a 1983 T-1550. I (and my son) love it, but it needs some work. The work part I'm sure we can handle, but the getting items for it seems like it may pose some problems. Is there anyone on here that has ever tried to get parts for a camper this old?....and if so, where might be a good place to start?
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Mancave....what kind of parts are you looking for? Appliances can always be swaped out, interior cabinets can be rebuilt.....so give us an idea of what you might be looking for.....

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
It's likely that a little searching will turn up identical replacements for 90% or better of what you are looking to repair.

Start with the Go-RV.net catalog. It is used by nearly all of the RV parts and service departments in North America.

Secondly, don't use the word "Sunline" when trying to find parts at an RV shop. Their eyes glaze over, and they can't think beyond "out of business." If you need parts for an old Atwood water heater, that's what you tell them.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #4

SUN #2812
Thank you for the help. For right now, Im really looking for a door. It looks as though the existing one had a hard shell outside (that at some point was removed) and a screen door. The screen door is still attached, but has no real lock. In searching for "Sunline" parts, there really is nothing found. Thank you for the information about not trying the search that way. Id like to also get an A/C unit for it at some point. It says it's wired for one on the vent in the main cabin, and Im very handy with the electrical items, so I'd love to be able to have the air conditioned. (mainly for my wife....she's looking at the camper and thinking Im crazy for trying to fix it up, but I look at things like this a lot differently than she does) We've slept in it for a few nights of HEAVY rain, and there were absolutely no leaks, so I think it will be great if I can take the winter in my garage and work on it.
Thanks again for all help with this as like I said, I really have no idea where to look for info on it.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
In particular, the A/C units have never been model or manufacturer specific. Dometic, Coleman, and a couple of others have built units in a couple of different BTU sizes, but they all are designed to fit on top of a standard 14x14 RV vent opening, and the wiring is pretty much standard too.

I have seen some variations in the wiring for the thermostats, but the 110vac wiring is all the same.

The door may well be a standard RV size and type door. Check the GO-RV catalog as they list lots of stuff for older units.

There are also a number of RV salvage operations across the country that could most likely supply what you need.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #6

SUN #349
OPIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mike - I have the same 1983 T-1550, so if you have any specific questions, I can maybe help. I have rewired just about everything in her and replaced all the clearance lights with LEDs, replaced the range hood, replaced the faucet and all the old plumbing with new PEX, added a radio and a 12v master power switch, and did a mickey mouse floor repair where the water heater exploded....so ask away!

1983 T1550
OPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #7

SUN #2812
Thank you Opie. Have you ever replaced the doors? It looks as though the main (handled) door was removed on mine. The screen door is still there, but Id love to replace the main. This way id also have a key lock as the screen door doesn't have one. I believe I'll have to do some work to get the lights to all work on mine as well. Where did you get yours? The main thing for me now is getting it home. The previous owner passed away and left the title to the owner of the campground he'd kept it at. She's a friend of the family, but I have a feeling Im going to have to do some work just to get the title transferred. What do you tow yours with? The literature Ive read says the tounge weight is 165 lbs? Can you move yours by hand? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I have a million, and unfortunately I dont have it home yet to answer any of them. From the little research Ive done, there doesn't seem to be that many people with this same camper.

Thank you for all your help. Mike
Old 09-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #8

SUN #349
OPIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Never did a door, sorry. It is a standard camper door, so measure it well, and fire up the Google, you should be able to locate one.

I got the lights at superbrightled.com

LED Truck Lights ? Super Bright LEDs

You can get ones that match the originals, but I went with 2" rounds (they were cheaper). I tow with a 6cyl Chevy Trailblazer, no issues at all.

I cannot move it by hand, too heavy.

Good luck, and ask away, I am glad to help where I can.

1983 T1550
OPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #9

SUN #2812
Thank you. I'm sure I'll change the lights to something similar to what you have. I have a 6 cyl Nissan Frontier. From what Ive read, people say to get a weight distributing hitch, but if it's as light as the information says it is, and you have no problems with your Trailblazer, I think I'll be fine. I just cant wait to get the thing home.
Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #10

SUN #6198
wmDollahite is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink 1983 T-1550 owner

Hey. Mike, congrats on a great rig! We have a T-1550 1983 too. My husband remodeled it a bit, & he put in a small window A/C in the back louvered window, works great. We found the overhead's too expensive. Our door is still ok, it is rotten inside, but the hard outside & frame was squared up & workable. We put in new countertop & carpet & new bed upholstery. Our oven & furnace don't work, but we don't need that in FL! He put in a microwave where the drawers were under the fridge. It also could use the decals, but that's ok. It's great fun. Yeah Google is your friend, as is your local RV shop.
Sunline Coach Owner's Club - wmDollahite's Album: 1983 Sun Line T-1550 <This is our pictures, pre-a/c. That is in PHOTOS tab at top under 1983 Sun Line T 1550 wmDollahite.
Happy Trails,
Denise Dollahite

Hello Everyone. Im new to this, but thought Id come to the community and see if someone here may be able to help me a little. I recently "sort" of inherited a 1983 T-1550. I (and my son) love it, but it needs some work. The work part I'm sure we can handle, but the getting items for it seems like it may pose some problems. Is there anyone on here that has ever tried to get parts for a camper this old?....and if so, where might be a good place to start?
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-30-2016, 08:15 PM   #11

SUN #7956
Borislander is an unknown quantity at this point
Electrical outage

Has anyone ever experienced loss of power to the front half of the camper? I have 1983 sunline t1550. I purchased this vintage camper about a year ago. All light and electrical outlets worked fine including all the fans and exterior marker lights. The only light that did not work was the light above the dining table. The one on the right side, it did not have a bulb in it. I attempted to put a new bulb of the same wattage and voltage. When I did that all the lights from the front half went out, the bathroom fan and lights stop working, the ceiling fan stopped working, front electrical outlet stopped working and the front portion of the Marler lights stopped working. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Vennak
Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 PM   #12

SUN #7956
Borislander is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Opie, I just posted a message regarding electrical problem. I just read thru your post from a while ago, so I hope you are still apart of this community. I really hope you can help me out here with my electrical issues. Vennak
Old 12-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #13

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
First place that I would look is a tripped GFI WHICH MAY BE BY THE KITCHEN OR BATHROOM
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #14
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
that makes me wonder..

I'm wondering if that light without a bulb has a short of some kind and the bulb was left out because the previous owner knew that. Check the GFI for that side of the rig like Poppy said and if it is not that check the fuses and/or breakers. Oh, and does the light go on by a switch at the light, on the wall or both. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a short, where would it be.

Steve P
Old 06-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #15

SUN #11306
Bbdram4u is an unknown quantity at this point
1984 Sunline Layton

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Absolutely no power going through it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190610_110922.jpg (75.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #16

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks like a resettable circuit breaker. Push the button to rest it. If it won't reset, just replace it.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #17

SUN #11306
Bbdram4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thanks. I've been looking and looking for a replacement but no luck.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #18

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
OK here is the deal the lighting fans etc have nothing to do with the outlets they are completely separate systems. I would be carefull of the stuff in your picture it looks like a mix of two systems.