Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Sunlines For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #1

SUN #3244
ahfoxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline 1985 T1850 For Sale

1985 Sunline T1850 Travel Trailer (Scottish Hilton)

Moderator: If not appropriately listed please correct for me, Thank You, Tom
1. Upgraded to 14" radials, new springs, shackles, bearings and brakes, ~ 1300 miles ago,
2. Tight belly membrane, no mice ever, clean rust free frame and solid floor
3. All systems work, except hot water heater leaks, so winterized and valved off.
4. Recent new refrigerator, furnace, biggest Marine battery(9'1eight), two Propane tanks, new bunk mattresses, working CO and smoke detectors, and new never used microwave, etc. etc.
5. Ceiling wall paper wrinkling above refrig and in rear closet. Roof and ceiling still solid. Being opened and repaired this week. Never leaked to drip, caulking seam crack at refrig. vent and rear vent. My bad, didn't caulk this past summer and of course many super heavy rains here in the Northeast bit my butt.
6. No Smells and never smoked in
7. Sleeps 3 easily, 6 in a pinch.
8. New 2" hitch plate and 3" tongue riser(3" channel on edge)
9. Equalizer bar hook-ups, working brake away switch, sway bar ball included, spare tire, and chocks, also new Sunline decal set.
10. Insp till 9'19.
11. New expensive insulated entry door & screen door, orig was a cheap affair.
12. A great solid, user friendly, light weight, Very Easy towing trailer that just needs a bit of TLC.
13. Asking $2850, reason for selling; bought a bigger travel trailer, to haul more stuff/junk/hot rod parts to Fall Hershey/Rod Meets/etc.

1st money buys.
Thank You, Tom @ six one zero 967 three six three seven in Eastern Pa.
This old Vet is too stupid to add photos, so call me with email address for them.
Take Care, Stay Safe, and Thank You for looking.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #2

SUN #3244
T1850 additional Info and Photos in T1850 Album in Photos

Good Afternoon,

Here I sit nursing a foot with pins that is the result of dropping a 12v battery on it. At 78, I don't jump as fast as used to. Ha, the old Vet figured out how to add photos for your viewing pleasure. I added an album in 'Photos' section of about a dozen photos of the above T1850. This camper is not junk, just got a new bigger one.(it shows in one photo of this Sunline)

I had one fellow wondering about the tape on the sink window. At Hershey last fall, a vicious storm, with very high winds, flipped my EZ-UP tents and drove one of the legs thru it. I will add a photo of the storm and tent covering the camper. The window was the only damage to the trailer. New lucky owner gets to replace the jalousie glass.(one only) A piece of Plexiglas currently is closing the opening. It can be stored on sunny dry blacktop here until the weather breaks, cost: a case of a good IPA. Three months max.

Thank You for looking and Have an Outstanding Day, Tom and Carol (Oh, I think I can use the PM business??, try me!)

Old 02-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Here is a link to Tom's camper pics. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/me...albums763.html

Happy Camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #4

SUN #3244
Thank You

Good Evening John,

Thank You for posting the link. At 78, this electronic stuff can be frustrating. I am not the sharpest tack in the box, and not the dullest either. Just not interested in the time investment to learn, as life is getting too short and I have way too much to do yet.

Take Care, Stay Safe and Again, Thank You, Tom and Carol K.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #5

SUN #3244
Too Much, Price Drop, Now $2500

Apparently my price was/is too high , so how about $2500?? This is not a junker, but does need some attention.(but don't most all of them??) I will consider all reasonable offers. Thank You for looking, Tom and Carol K.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:14 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
The price (at $2500) and condition both seem pretty fair. I think it's the time of year that's hurting you. People just aren't thinking about going camping, or looking for a trailer.

Do you have it listed on any other sites? Honestly, I don't think our classifieds have that much traffic.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #7

SUN #3244
Lucky Tom

Good Afternoon,

First I would like to Thank the Moderator for his input

We got lucky, as the wrinkled ceiling was an early warning. Photos are in my Photo Album under this listing's name and they show no damage except the ceiling material and some minor insulation wetness. We gutted the insulation and ceiling and have a heater and fan drying it out. There is NO wood damage NOR mildew or mold. This only showed its ugly head a few months ago. NO SMELL, nor has the trailer been smoked in and no pets either. Again, this isn't a junker. I run out to Hershey every year at 65/75 mph on Rt 78 and it follows string straight and the brakes work great. I have been advised to hold steady at $2500, even though I am putting money into the ceiling repairs and new vents. So be it!

I had one call concerning the hitch plate work. It was done by a certified welder and it lifted/raised the 'new' hitch plate 3" to bring it up to modern/normal height.

Again, Thank You for looking and 1st money will get it.

Remember, free storage for up to 3 months, the only cost will be a case of decent IPA. Can't beat that deal with TR's 'Big Stick'. Available for insp at any time. Take Care and Stay Safe, Tom and Carol
Old 03-16-2019, 05:31 AM   #8

SUN #3244
New Entry Door

Good Morning,

Someone sent me a PM about the camper's new door and I have no idea where the message went??? I can get the seller's info in a week or two when the receipts come back from our accountant and will post it then. It was dropped shipped from the manufacturer and is a quality item that easily closes like a vault door and it fit perfectly.(all surrounding wood was excellent)

The camper is still available. It finally got warm enough to reseal the roof and the new insulation and ceiling will be going in as soon as it passes a few heavy spring rains.

Reasonable close offers considered. Thank You, Tom and Carol
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #9

SUN #3244
Lower Price

How about $2250 or ?? Thank You for looking, Tom and Carol
Old 05-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #10

SUN #3244
Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfoxman View Post
1985 sunline t1850 travel trailer (scottish hilton)

moderator: If not appropriately listed please correct for me, thank you, tom
1. Upgraded to 14" radials, new springs, shackles, bearings and brakes, ~ 1300 miles ago,
2. Tight belly membrane, no mice ever, clean rust free frame and solid floor
3. All systems work, except hot water heater leaks, so winterized and valved off.
4. Recent new refrigerator, furnace, biggest marine battery(9'1eight), two propane tanks, new bunk mattresses, working co and smoke detectors, and new never used microwave, etc. Etc.
5. Ceiling wall paper wrinkling above refrig and in rear closet. Roof and ceiling still solid. Being opened and repaired this week. Never leaked to drip, caulking seam crack at refrig. Vent and rear vent. My bad, didn't caulk this past summer and of course many super heavy rains here in the northeast bit my butt.
6. No smells and never smoked in
7. Sleeps 3 easily, 6 in a pinch.
8. New 2" hitch plate and 3" tongue riser(3" channel on edge)
9. Equalizer bar hook-ups, working brake away switch, sway bar ball included, spare tire, and chocks, also new sunline decal set.
10. Insp till 9'19.
11. New expensive insulated entry door & screen door, orig was a cheap affair.
12. A great solid, user friendly, light weight, very easy towing trailer that just needs a bit of tlc.
13. Asking $2850, reason for selling; bought a bigger travel trailer, to haul more stuff/junk/hot rod parts to fall hershey/rod meets/etc.

1st money buys.
thank you, tom @ six one zero 967 three six three seven in eastern pa.
this old vet is too stupid to add photos, so call me with email address for them.
take care, stay safe, and thank you for looking.
sold