Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Sunlines For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #1

SUN #967
Finelinevan
99 garage kept since new 2753 Sunline custom made unit

My wife and I have come to the point we must consider selling out 99 se2753 full fiberglass soloris model.Kids are older teens now and we need a bigger unit. Though the bunks are big enough to sleep comfortable even for adults at the time we order the trailer we had 3 kids and 3 bunks made then our son came along . Hes been bunking on the floor, hes now to big to continue and is why we need to find a 4 bunk unit.

When we ordered the trailer Sunline made the rear bedroom area speical for us by doing the 3 way bunk setup with all kinds of extra storage cabinets for us. My wife and I sleep on the couch which is big enough for us. This gave the kids pleanty of room and leaving the floor area a 6 by 6 area which is nice for the kids to play or room to change. I have pictures I will be listing. Its a very cool setup and very practical.
The unit has been ultra taken care of by me. Its been in its own garage out of the weather from the day I brought it home. Like new inside and out.I AM A COMPULSIVE Clean type person . Fiberglass ALWAYS waxed and always had its original high shine. Inside just as super clean. Rubber roof like white as the day we took delivery. I condition it every year. We added all Day Night pleated shades to all windows. Awning like new as well as entire unit. It was even covered besides under a roof so its been out of the sun when we did not use it. New tires, battery as well. The unit has everything you can get on this unit. Even glass shower door.

My question is this to anyone. I would like to ask 9,800 for the unit based on its condition but could probally live with 8900. I dont know for sure if I asking to much for a unit in this condition. We love this trailer and its been hard to come to this choice.
Its a one of a kind unit and has been the best setup for a family with kids that need some seperation giving the kids their own area as well as us having alone time while on vacation.
Anybody that knows anyone maybe interested or can advice me on this being a fair price please respond. If you go to my profile their are pictures of the unit from last summer trip. I will be listing it on ebay or craigs list soon and it will show a ton of pictures of the unit. It in Milford Pa, area

Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #2

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your $9800 sounds reasonable to me. Every sale has to start somewhere. You know your condition is good so hold to your price. Unless you must sell at a loss, don't.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Check nada for a value. It sounds like you could ask a little more than book value though, due to the condition of the trailer. As far as the customization goes, whether that adds value will depend on finding just the right buyer. Pictures are a must.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Despite NADA, a stock '99 2753 with aluminum siding would probably bring about $5000 to $5500. Given the options, modifications and condition, I'd expect the unit could bring upwards of $6500, possibly a little higher in better weather. With a price of $9800, you probably won't get any serious lookers. You'll have to keep in mind that similar 2005 and 2006 models sell for about that, occasionally lower.

Here's the current NADA pricing, which is a little lower than this, but for a unit with aluminum siding and average condition, as well as the standard bedroom layout.

1999 Sunline M-2753 - 27' Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

This time of year is pretty bad for selling trailers, since most people put them away and forget about them. RV shows cut the new retail prices to make sales, but they tend to give pretty good money for trade in units because they're coming up into the busy season and can flip the inventory quickly for a healthy profit. They still have to sit on it a couple months to do that though.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
In my neck of the woods (zip 13420) avg retail $3000 low retail $2490....suggested retail (new) $17,975......

I certainly would not pay the OP's "live with price".....(sorry)!

And yes I understand it was well maintained and garage kept but it is 11+ years old.
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #6

SUN #1830
I would list at what I wanted since the price can go down but it will never go up. Interested buyers will always offer lowball prices that can or cannot be accepted and everything has to start somewhere I'd just rather start at my price than someone elses. Especially on something in such good condition no matter what the age is.

Nobody wants to pay asking price anyway so why start low to sell even lower?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #7

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Fineline.

Your camper is for sure in immaculate condition. I have seen it pop up under the scrolling pics from time to time and I’m always amazed on how great it looks. Your TLC for sure shines thru.

I’ll pass along some things that went thru my mind when I sold my prior TT last year and leading up to that point. We bought our present camper back in 2007. I knew there was no way I was going to let the dealer have it as they will not pay very much for it. In most cases about $4K less then they will sell it for and they are crying the blues even then. For once I had the upper hand in the deal as the older camper was totally paid off and I did not have to trade it to make the sale on my new one. And I had a storage spot for it so it was not weather aging any sitting there.

After we had the T310 for a while DW had zero interest to go camping in the smaller camper. She really likes the bigger camper. When I finally got over enough TT separation, I listed it for sale. Then came the price. The economy tanked at that time which didn’t help much but still I was in no hurry to have to sell it.

I myself literally hate shopping for automobiles. The pricing games I hate the most. The price should stand for the value your getting and that is it. In the case of my prior camper, 1st I wanted to make sure who ever bought it did not get in trouble with a TV as that floor plan can have very high tongue weight. So I told them that. It turned off many potentials as their TV really could not handle it. In your case your floor plan does not load tongue heavy like a T2499 can. And now the price. I researched what that model was listed at dealers and thru friends here on the club I knew what they sold for when they bought theirs used. I also looked up the NADA value. I set the price at fair and the lowest I would go for. The camper had many upgrades and was in great shape and very well maintained and like yours was stored inside. It looked better then the one I have now…. The sun for sure does it toll on these things.

In my case I declared everything that would be needed to continue camping, it needed new tires and the battery was old. I would even add them new at cost to help the new owner if they wanted those upgrades but I would not lower the price. I know this may not have been the best business strategy to make money, but in my case I was not going to give it away and if it did not sell, well then I had a good reason to keep it….. It may be the only time in my life selling something I had an option to control the situation and still be fair with the new owner. It sold and the new owner was very happy.

I do not know in your case if you have the time luxury. If you have time and don’t have to sell, you can hold out for most any price. Your camper is unique. The rear bunks and no master walk around bed fit your situation very well. It may or may not unless someone has your same type of situation. The immaculate condition and the Sunline brand brings value to the person who knows what they are looking for. You will have to find that right person. For sure the condition of the TT is a selling point that adds value over the same year and model that is not kept as well.

The down side is a TT is viewed as a vehicle that depreciates. For anyone selling a great used camper this is a problem and it was in my case as well. I do not know a way around it. I do not know if there is special insurance the new buyer can get to over insure the camper to a higher price then the NADA books lists on a 11 year old camper. There may be as I know in some old vintage cars they can get a higher value but it must be almost a collectors item and appraised separately.

Good luck with your sale. If you have the option to sell it yourself you will get more then a dealer will give you that is almost a given. It just may take you a while to move it at a higher price and find that right buyer.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #8

SUN #809
ihsolutions
First, I agree with everything JohnB and SunlineFan said. You've gotten good advice.

In this situation you have a number of things that are narrowing your market of potential buyers as I see it:

1. Lack of master bedroom
2. Age of unit relative to higher price
3. Need to find a cash buyer

With respect to number 3, this is because whatever price you end up accepting, is likely to be far higher than NADA value based on what you've told us. A bank isn't going to lend that much $$ against your coach, unless it is an uncollateralized loan like you might get at a local credit union. Most RV's under $8k or so are normally cash sales anyways (from what I've been told) so this may, or may not be a factor.

All these factors among others are reducing your target market. So, to get anywhere near your price you are going to have to get creative. Putting an ad on Craigslist might not cut it. Try to think of ways to put your unique RV before the people most likely to buy it.

I've been talking to a fellow about his T-1950 he has for sale. It too appears to be in super condition, but he is totally unrealistic on his price, probably 60% above NADA value. Now I don't mind paying more for nice condition, but this has it's limits. If I overpay for his coach, I'm going to have the exact same problem selling it someday, and trying to explain to my buyers why they should pay waaay over book value just to have MY coach vs. any of the other ones out there. Unfortunately for this guy, he's not flexible (or friendly for that matter) so he will likely have the pleasure of continuing to own it until that changes.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #9

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsolutions View Post
First, I agree with everything JohnB and SunlineFan said. You've gotten good advice.

In this situation you have a number of things that are narrowing your market of potential buyers as I see it:

1. Lack of master bedroom
2. Age of unit relative to higher price
3. Need to find a cash buyer

With respect to number 3, this is because whatever price you end up accepting, is likely to be far higher than NADA value based on what you've told us. A bank isn't going to lend that much $$ against your coach, unless it is an uncollateralized loan like you might get at a local credit union. Most RV's under $8k or so are normally cash sales anyways (from what I've been told) so this may, or may not be a factor.

All these factors among others are reducing your target market. So, to get anywhere near your price you are going to have to get creative. Putting an ad on Craigslist might not cut it. Try to think of ways to put your unique RV before the people most likely to buy it.

I've been talking to a fellow about his T-1950 he has for sale. It too appears to be in super condition, but he is totally unrealistic on his price, probably 60% above NADA value. Now I don't mind paying more for nice condition, but this has it's limits. If I overpay for his coach, I'm going to have the exact same problem selling it someday, and trying to explain to my buyers why they should pay waaay over book value just to have MY coach vs. any of the other ones out there. Unfortunately for this guy, he's not flexible (or friendly for that matter) so he will likely have the pleasure of continuing to own it until that changes.
Very good points Jeff. While it is a very unique floorplan and very useful for a family, it does limit the market. But on the other hand, Sunline didn't have many bunk models, let alone triple bunk models, so it can be perfect to the right person too.

So are you in the market for a second trailer now?
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 02-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #10

SUN #809
ihsolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post

So are you in the market for a second trailer now?
Not for me, but both of my brothers have expressed an interest in getting started in RV'ing and a T-1950 would be a perfect fit for their needs, and a good match for their respective tow vehicles. I have a vested interest in helping them find one, since it gives us company to go camping with.

One thing I am noticing is that the market for 20' campers remains pretty strong. They don't last long if they are priced right. Perhaps this is due to the fact they can be pulled with a wide variety of tow vehicles, including many SUV's..
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #11

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsolutions View Post
One thing I am noticing is that the market for 20' campers remains pretty strong. They don't last long if they are priced right. Perhaps this is due to the fact they can be pulled with a wide variety of tow vehicles, including many SUV's..
That's true, I've noticed that too. The 1950 was always a big seller here in MI, I think because no one else had a comparable model. General seemed to always have other options for the bunkhouses and the slide room trailers, but if someone wanted a small full size TT, the 1950 was just about the only choice.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #12

SUN #128
Tweety
The 1950 floorplan is just so darn clever, as is the 2363. I don't know why other manufacturers don't make them.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #13

SUN #967
Finelinevan
sold fast our garaged 2753 1999

Sold the 99 sunline SE 2753 in about a week at asking price. Shows you take care of a unit and it being garaged dispite what book value said, if its clean people are willing to pay. I had 3 people wanting the unit. Thanks for the advice. Since Sunline is gone we decided to go with a KZ trailer as a replacement. They seem to be the next closest value out there compared to what Sunline was,but we will miss the sunline interior we so loved. We needed bigger, fiberglass, 2 slideouts, 4 bunks and weight 5500lbs KZ Spree 289 fits that bill. We travel all summer as we did for the 11 years we had our Sunline. We hope to continue with our kids unless oil kills us all from to much travel. I guess we must resign from the club now? Its been a great ride to bad sunline overextended itself/ With its customer base it had it should have just worried about doing travel trailers instead of trying new projects which I think led to their demise. Another classic gone away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finelinevan View Post
My wife and I have come to the point we must consider selling out 99 se2753 full fiberglass soloris model.Kids are older teens now and we need a bigger unit. Though the bunks are big enough to sleep comfortable even for adults at the time we order the trailer we had 3 kids and 3 bunks made then our son came along . Hes been bunking on the floor, hes now to big to continue and is why we need to find a 4 bunk unit.

When we ordered the trailer Sunline made the rear bedroom area speical for us by doing the 3 way bunk setup with all kinds of extra storage cabinets for us. My wife and I sleep on the couch which is big enough for us. This gave the kids pleanty of room and leaving the floor area a 6 by 6 area which is nice for the kids to play or room to change. I have pictures I will be listing. Its a very cool setup and very practical.
The unit has been ultra taken care of by me. Its been in its own garage out of the weather from the day I brought it home. Like new inside and out.I AM A COMPULSIVE Clean type person . Fiberglass ALWAYS waxed and always had its original high shine. Inside just as super clean. Rubber roof like white as the day we took delivery. I condition it every year. We added all Day Night pleated shades to all windows. Awning like new as well as entire unit. It was even covered besides under a roof so its been out of the sun when we did not use it. New tires, battery as well. The unit has everything you can get on this unit. Even glass shower door.

My question is this to anyone. I would like to ask 9,800 for the unit based on its condition but could probally live with 8900. I dont know for sure if I asking to much for a unit in this condition. We love this trailer and its been hard to come to this choice.
Its a one of a kind unit and has been the best setup for a family with kids that need some seperation giving the kids their own area as well as us having alone time while on vacation.
Anybody that knows anyone maybe interested or can advice me on this being a fair price please respond. If you go to my profile their are pictures of the unit from last summer trip. I will be listing it on ebay or craigs list soon and it will show a ton of pictures of the unit. It in Milford Pa, area
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #14

SUN #967
Finelinevan
thanks my friend we sold the unit fast at asking price ok I dropped 400.00 off the asking price. I had 3 people wanting it. People drove 6 hours to get it from Va,
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear that you sold your Sunline. I certainly hope you told the new owners about this group. We'd love to have them as members. OH, speaking of members, well, once a Sunline member, always a Sunline member. All you will do is join the ranks with ihSolutions & frank/sharon as members of the "SOB" chapter of Sunline Owners Club.

Congrats on your KZ purchase. I have heard nothing but good reviews about their products.

It is difficult to find the right trailer to replace a Sunline. I was in a Carriage a few weeks ago, and though it was really nice, it was "too" dark inside to suit me. But, many of the new rigs sure do have some great ideas built into them.

Makes you wonder what Sunline would be producing now "if" they had been able to stay in business.

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #16

SUN #1830
Congrats fineline!! Hope that asking price makes getting another unit faster and easier.

jim
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #17

SUN #1830
OH! I see you already found another unit. When you want to do something, you do it.

Congrats again.

jim
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #18

SUN #128
Tweety
Congratulations! We'll all have to keep your story in mind if we ever go to sell. You had a unique trailer that was well kept, and that certainly turned out to be in your favor. Enjoy the new KZ. No need to resign from the club. You will become a memeber of the Sunline Alumni sector, which I'm sure will grow as time goes by. We enjoy touring the Alumni's trailers at the meet & greets, to see what our members have chosen to replace their Sunlines!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #19

SUN #1549
wesleyfurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Having dealt with leaks and repairing the damage caused by them, a camper that has been garage kept is well worth a premium price. I've got an 89 T-2000 that we really like. If I could find one just like it that had been garage kept, I would be buying it and selling mine!