Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #1

SUN #192
HerdFan
Thinking About Purchasing a Sunline

I am ready to upgrade to a travel trailer and have viewed the Sunline on several sites. The Sunline appears to have good quality compared to some of the other Fleetwoods I have looked at. My concern is what types of problems has everyone seen after a couple years of ownership. Would the members of the Sunline community buy one knowing that the factory is not in production at this time? Thank you for your input.

Dwayne

Old 02-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #2

SUN #182
AprilWhine
I bought my Que about two weeks ago. The only other trailer I considered was the Airstream Bambi. I chose the Que because of price: because the factory closed I was able to get mine for half price! Paid $12,500 for a new Que SE in the color I wanted. With that kind of discount, who cares about a warrenty?

Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #3

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Dwayne,
I consider myself a member of the Sunline community. My 2002 2363 is a superior coach. I would not hessitate in purchsing one at today's discounted prices. I like other Sunny owners are wishing that there would be a rebirth of the Sunline brand, but as time goes by that seems less likely. I think we should be ever aware of proper maintenance and repair to keep our coaches up to the standard we expect. Like any asset if you do not take care of it it will fail you.
Best of luck,
MM
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #4

SUN #53
irishguy101
No Problems what so ever, I would recommend Sunline in a heart beat,
As I have said before I only wish I found out about Sunline a long time ago.
I have had three other trailers before this Sunline and at the same time of two years owning each the other three were in for something and I have the service orders to prove, one was in 6 times the other two were in four and five times, Sunline NONE, NOTHING,and I have towed this several thousand miles.
Sunline is a Coach not a Trailer IMHO.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
Not only would we buy a Sunline now that they have closed, we bought it precisely BECAUSE they had closed and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to get one in the future. We had a 1650 back around 1991, then a 24' in the later 1990's. Neither one ever went back to the dealer for a problem. Hopefully QUEtSE will be as reliable.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #6

SUN #167
Pacamping
Just Do It

I was going to purchase a Sunline for about two years(264SR), I decided not to do it after hearing Sunline was going to close plant. I went to look at Outbacks, Jayco and realized the dealer sold Sunline when I got there the salesman told me everyone is looking for a good discount on Sunlines since they are closed, he said we are not giving huge discounts our Sunline inventory will sell its a great trailer with great quality. The dealer said this during our conversation during which I showed no interest in Sunlines. I thanked him for his time called the Sunline dealer I had been working with and purchased a 2007 289SR over my cell phone from the dealers lot. I love the floor plan the dealer delivered it on Dec 18, 2006. I feel like a child waiting for xmas (spring) to play around with the unit. I purchased it at Stoltzfus RV Adamstown, PA greart deal/great dealer. I SAY DON'T HESITATE JUST DO IT, SUNLINE IS A GREAT PROODUCT.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #7

SUN #105
mbart5fan
As Quetse said, we bought in December because we were afraid the model we wanted wouldn't be available come Spring. After almost 2 years of research and questioning everyone we met with a Sunline, we weren't about to settle for less quality. Our dealer did include a 2 year warrenty which gives added peace of mind.

Mike
Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #8

SUN #67
264SRinPA
We just traded in an 8 month old Sunline with a 3 year warranty for another Sunline with only a 1 year warranty. We were going to wait a few years to get a bigger trailer, but with Sunline going out of business we didn't want to chance not getting one. We would have bought it with no warranty.
Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #9

SUN #149
nasa42a
....we traded in a VERY good 2-year old 25' Sunline for our 2007 Que SE after we learned the factory had closed. We had intended to downsize to a Que in about 2009..... but made the move early in order to get what we wanted.
....but you also would do well to assure yourself of the dealer's reputation for quality service, (and) liklihood of being there in the future!

nasa42a
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #10

SUN #139
Al in PA
Go For It

As many of the others have stated, we purchased our new 2553 because the factory was going to close. I had intended to purchase one of these units in 2010 when I plan to retire. Since a new 2553 may not be available in three years and a good used one may be hard to find, I decided to take the plunge early: He who hesitates is lost.

My only problem now is deciding what to do with my older 2051. It's in such good shape that I hate to get rid of it, especially at today's discounted prices.
2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #11

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Dwayne,

I would not hesitate one minute to go out and buy a brand new Sunline. My only issue is $$$, which always seems to get in the way of everything! Actually, if I had the money and storage space, I would buy as many as I could. Sunline trailers are built with top of the line quality, so chances of having a problem within period of ownership are pretty low. I have heard of problems with appliances, but most of those come over a long period of time. My parents had the '97 listed in my signature from brand new to August 2001. While I don't know anything about the time since then, we never had to take it back to the dealer for anything. The only time it was at a dealer after delivery was when the awning was ripped off in a windstorm (while on vacation at Lake George RV Park) and had to be replaced. In 2001, they upgraded to motorhomes and have had two since, with each having to return to the dealer for something, in some cases multiple times.

You wouldn't be disappointed with a Sunline. That's why many Sunline owners would agree "Life is even better in a Sunline".

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want to get a great COACH, one that you can count on for years and years, buy a Sunline. IF you want to risk quality, buy some other brand. Sunline Coaches are unique. Its sad that folks chose $ over quality as I'm sure that is why Sunline closed, folks chose trailers by price and not quality. And we all know quality does cost. I'm on my 10th Sunline (and it's my first brand new one) and I'm so glad I was able to get it before Sunline closed. As others have said, warranty or not, I'd still buy a Sunline.

Kitty/color]
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #13

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Dwayne

The others have already given you the flavor of the well built Sunline units. Are we a proud bunch of Sunliners, you bet.

I will add in some other comments that may help. Your post said you are ready to upgrade to a TT. Which means maybe you are in a pop up now or tent or other form of camping.

ALL brand Campers need to be treated well. They are not ultra heavy duty. They do take annual maintenance on them. And there are more things to maintain in a TT. I’m not trying to make this sound difficult, it’s not. And there are a lot of good RV books out there that help on the annual maintenance and repair. Trailer Life and Woodalls have a good one.

Point in all this is that the Sunlines are built better. And yes you do pay a bit more for that well building. But built better = last longer. One example is there is “NO” particle board used in the Sunlines. Other brands use a lot of particle board, it’s cheaper in cost and over time, it sags and creates issues. Sunline uses all wood, even if some of it is laminated, it is still solid.

The better construction methods last better over time. Yes they all need annual maintenance, like checking all roof seams for caulking cracks, LP gas checks, TT axle brakes, etc. But the better built ones, have less issues. The Sunlines are built well, and they will give good camping service.

Camping people really like to talk about their campers. The good and the bad. I’ll point you to a larger RV site. RV.Net

Go into the “search” feature and type in the brand name “Sunline” and hit go. Here I'll help Sunline search results on RV.Net There are 118 pages of posts/replies to read in just the last 12 months alone.

And just read up on the Sunline brand on how many people have problems. Then go type any other brand and see what comes up. That was what I did. Out of the pages and pages of reading I only found 1 person that had a bad experience with a Sunline. I cannot say the same things for the other brands I was looking at. Once I read up on what was so good about them, and then walk inside one, WOW now you can see it.

You not be disappointed with a Sunline. You will be a happy camper, just like we all are.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #14

SUN #201
Charlsve
I, also, feel you won't go wrong with the Sunline brand if you find the floorplan you like.
We have a 2005 264SR and have had nothing go wrong except a defective stereo, which the factory swapped out free for us while they were still open. We go to camping/RV type shows during the spring when camping fever hits, and I glance around the insides of non-Sunline units and am amazed how poorly some of them are put together (things often do not even remotely line up). If we ever upgrade to a larger TT, and Sunline has not gone back into business, I'll probably look for a good used Sunline without reservations.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #15

SUN #196
tinybluetj
As far as I know, all brands will start to have "problems" over the years. Mostly, they can be prevented with regular maintenence and upkeep. I would not (and did not) hesitate to buy one at the reduced prices.