Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #1

SUN #4736
theobxer is an unknown quantity at this point
theobxer

hi, new to all this, forum and camper ownership. Just bought a used 1987 T 2000, in pretty good shape. started working on it already, fixed a leak around the front window. I do have to get a awning though, and the fridge has been replaced with just electric , I thought they were eletric and gas?
I'm thinking about painting it this summer after I get the inside done, not sure on what kind of paint to use though? does anyone know where to get good used parts at? Not many locations here in Ky.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi theobxer, welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobxer View Post
... and the fridge has been replaced with just electric , I thought they were eletric and gas? ....
Many people have replaced the gas/electric fridge with a home type electric (110volt) fridge .... particularly after they see the price of a new RV fridge.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome, theobxer!

There really aren't many places with used RV parts around. Generally, RV parts aren't really designed to last and are made cheap. When a salvage place were to factor in the cost of buying a salvage RV, putting man hours into stripping it down, they really don't have many good parts left that are worth anything. It just isn't a money making thing. If you could do the strip down work yourself, then you could probably come out ahead, but even that has no guarantees.

You can check your local Craigslist to see if they have anything, but generally, new RV parts are cheap enough that you can just go that route. Like I was saying with salvage, if a company were to part out an awning from one, the labor cost and percentage of purchase price would probably be as much or more than new.

If you have an awning and just need fabric/parts for it, that's much easier to find.

Good luck in your quest to get it all fixed up!
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of people take the cheap route if the fridge quits and it really sucks if you don't have a generator or a place to plug in. A new gas/electric fridge (small one) is around $600 in my case that is what I would buy because I don't have or want a generator and I spend a lot of camping time with no power. The second reason is resale a good buyer will try to beat the price down to cover the cost of a new one.