Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #1

SUN #4861
PastLifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunliner Owner in Fairfield CO Connecticut

This 1988 Sunliner Saturn sits in the backyard bordering the township park overlooking a pure stream and a patch of woods.

Since I retired from corporate America I studied mental health therapies, needing some work on myself too. Now I am almost finished with the studies and self-application and am starting to intern. I work over SKYPE.

I purchased the Sunliner for $500 and am fixing a rip in the roof (tree branch) and some soft wood in the bathroom floor.

I'm into eating raw fruits and veggies and de-toxing for physical and mental hygiene and so the bathroom shower pan will be replaced for a deeper one, and a steamer is going under the sink to be able to use the shower as a steam sauna.

This little backyard home has been perfect for an office and for giving sessions and doing my own DIY sessions too.

In fact I practically live in it now and I'm starting to be concerned the neighbors might suspect that and make a complaint - just because they can. A developer is building new homes across the stream and I don't want them to have any complaints about their new view. I'm thinking lattice panels or netting and/or an RV cover. I plan to attach a wooden sloping roof and am checking the internet for ideas.

I'm considering some kind of cover to block the view of my entry and exit and make it look more like it is in storage or some other out-of-sight build around it.

It has a "Grizzly" woodstove which was purchased on sale in CAD dollars so was a great deal. The tiny but cute woodstove sits where the fold-out table top adjacent to the kitchen counter was. The pipe goes straight up and out the roof.

My workspace is at the back with the couch/bed and I plan to put up a wood divider and sliding wood door to close it off from looking at the kitchen counter or sofa seat, etc. The full-length windows keep it from feeling closed in or stuffy.

It has been a perfect cubby hole for meditation, contemplation, study, and working with others over the internet. My hubby can visit and be on his laptop on the sofa-seat across from the kitchen counter.

It's perfect - I'm very thankful.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

Sounds like your Sunline is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of busy times. That is one of the reasons we use ours too, just we tow it from place to place and find a nice place in nature to enjoy good times. Your camper setting sounds really nice too.

Take care

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #3

SUN #4861
PastLifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Welcome!

Sounds like your Sunline is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of busy times. That is one of the reasons we use ours too, just we tow it from place to place and find a nice place in nature to enjoy good times. Your camper setting sounds really nice too.

Take care

John

Thank you, John. Being in tune with nature-life usually seems to calm the savage beast Glad you are getting the most out of your Sunline.