Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #1

SUN #5833
edwineastman is an unknown quantity at this point
Retrieval of new '85 1350

Hi there,

Left Austin Texas this afternoon, heading to Pittsburgh PA to pick up our new-to-us 1350. We borrowed a vintage trailer in August, luved it, but decided to turn the clock ahead from a '68 Mobile Scout 'canned ham', to something with AC, a bathroom, and a BIG bed. So we lucked out and found this one, about twenty years newer.

The current owner says everything works, everything is good, and it has no leaks or anything. I did see the check list for evaluating used trailers, and I've seen the underside of a trailer once or twice.

After I pick it up, I am continuing on to New Hampshire, then going back to Austin by way of Rhode Island, North Carolina, and Ft Worth. Don't have a lot of time, the temporary plate I got is only good for 15 days, but I do want to give it a good shakedown.

I have read a ton of good info here, so thanks! Any advice? Anything specific to the 1350 I need to know?

Edwin Eastman

Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Edwin - it sounds like you will have 15 days of learning and shaking down!

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, this is a very friendly, helpful group!

Enjoy your new to you Sunny!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum Edwin. Hope everything works out with the new unit. I hope the heat works ok, it will be a little chilly in New Hampshire. -- forcast low in North Conway on Friday night is 22 ----

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #4

SUN #5833
edwineastman is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I was wearing shorts and a tshirt when I left Texas! That might affect my plans.

I passed a still smoking Winnebago motor home on the highway, burnt to the ground. Made me realize that I am ignorant as to use of the propane refrigerator - do you typically run down the road with it running on lpg?? How about the furnace? Or do these get their power underway from the tow vehicle? (Should I ask these specific questions in another forum?)

Thanks! (made it to Louisville)
Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Bummer about the Winni, sad to see things like that happen.

You can ask anywhere, we ain't fussy.

I have never had the furnace running while moving but I do run with the fridge on LP. Some do run the fridge on LP while towing and some don't. On some forums it gets to be quite a heated topic but on this forum we freely express opinions but never jump on someone that has a different opinion. We just share and learn from each other.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #6

SUN #4436
jeanscamper is an unknown quantity at this point
Edwin: Congratulations on your "new" camper. I have a 83 T-1350. I just love it. I am slowly fixing it up. Looks like everything will be ready for Spring of 2014. It has a lot packed in there, for something that small. Send pictures when you can. Safe travels. jean
Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #7

SUN #597
henryj
Short answer: it's not necessary to run the furnace, and a big waste, while traveling.

We have towed at just above freezing with snow flurries in the air and stopped just to keep all the open tanks from freezing. In the 2499 the furnace blew so much hot air, it was pretty comfortable almost immediately--just like sitting in a fan breeze for feeling cooler in summer. It does take a couple of hours for the floor, bed etc. to warm up, but the air in the camper will feel comfortable very quickly. The 2499 had a good run of sewer pipe and that was frozen in the morning so we couldn't dump. The tanks aren't as likely to freeze overnight though as when you're flying down the hwy. bathing them in a constant rush of cold air. So, don't carry too much fresh water and use the tanks sparingly unless they are inside on your model. You can also open cupboard doors/dinette seating over night to allow heat in to plumbing. Keep in mind too, that you need hours of freezing temps to freeze a good amount of water. One or 2 degrees of freezing at 3 or 4 in the morning will only freeze a fresh water hose or exposed trailer line, or maybe a sewer pipe. Then in the morning everything warms up again. We've camped down to about 20 with no problems and no extra precautions, but I wouldn't go lower than that.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags