Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #15

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Pour warm water down the side of the tank the frost line is the depth of the liquid propane.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #16

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariel View Post
Here are photos of my propane set up. There's an electrical device in front of the tanks that is just for lifting the front end of the RV up and down, I believe. The switcher thing (I believe it is manual)between propane tanks showed green for the reserve tank.

How do you get the propane tank off the RV to take it in to be refilled?
Remove the wind nut between the tanks, your setup needs a 7/8" wrench to remove the propane lines the threads are left hand (backwards, tighten to remove). Oh yeah turn them off first!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:47 PM   #17

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Those stickers do come on new tanks. Sunline shipped the trailers to dealers with empty tanks, requiring the dealers to fill them, so it could be someone just was lazy and didn't take the sticker off.

You can also lightly tap on the tank with something solid (screwdriver handle, etc.), an empty tank should have a loud ring to it. A full one or mostly full one will have a much deeper ring. It won't tell you an exact level, but it should give you an idea of if it has gas in it or not.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #18

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariel View Post
I'm removing the cabinets over the jackknife sofa and over the bed, but I don't know how to keep them intact; just the doors are easy.
Hi Aariel,

The actual doors from your cabinets and other items "may" be a good item to offer for sale here on our forum. There is a "Accessories, parts for sale" forum where you can post.

Takes pics of what things looks like and on the doors or drawers post the diminsions. While they will only match the model years Sunline used them, I know they can be used for folks doing modifications to those years campers. They come in real handy when you want to create an access door to a water pump, water heater bypass valve of even creating access doors under a bed for storage etc.

The dinette table top is another rare find. Someone after the exact Formica shade/color/style that Sunline used those years is very hard to come by. This can be reused by someone to create a flip up table or counter extender. Those handy with wood tools can rework that table top into a perfect fit in their camper.

The sinks and faucets have some value too as well as other intact items.

Again, pictures really help to show what you have. I don't know that you are going to make a bunch of money on these as shipping any of these items requires freight but it can be acceptable in some cases.

You may or may not get many takers but the members who do get one of your rare finds I'm sure will be very pleased.

Several years ago I drove 2 days round trip round trip to a very special member of ours to pick up cabinet doors, drawers that I could use the drawer fronts from and a dinette table top and several other things as they were gutting a damaged Sunline and all the items matched my camper. These are rare finds!!!

Have fun redecorating!

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heating, newbie, propane