Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #1

SUN #7832
mosclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Potential Saturn owner ;-)

Hi,
my name is Mo and I'm currently looking at a 1987 Saturn. I wonder if it's a good deal (they're asking $1950).
It looks in decent shape, could find no soft spots, but am certainly no expert. Wallpaper in the bathroom is coming off - should that be a red flag? (Wall behind looks good). Current owner replaced the refrigerator to electric only. He also replaced the vents and fans in the roof.
There are only jacks in the back, is that normal?

Also I hate camper bathrooms. Has anyone ever torn it out and used it for more space/storage?

So many questions as I'm embarking on a scary journey to trailer ownership....

Any and all advice and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mo

Old 09-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #2

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to SOC, Mo!

Buying a trailer (of any kind) can be scary but the more you know, the less scary it gets. Searching for water damage can be tricky, look everywhere, press on almost everything, smell for mold and mildew, some people even use a moisture meter when checking. As far as the wallpaper coming off, if you're not seeing watermarks on the wall or paper, it may be coming off for other reasons. In the '80s there was environmentally safe glue which, while it was environmentally safe, did not adhere for very long. It could be that... or something else.

Our Sunline's previous owners didn't take out the bathroom but put a tension rod in the shower and used it as an extra closet which is not uncommon.

Good luck!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote