Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #1

SUN #880
ronnyr
oops! Not a 2353 - Looked at way too many this year

Thought it was a 2353 . . . I've looked at so many in the last year . . .
Looked at a 2553 that I really liked, except it had some ripples in the roof, and the front seam at the roof looked to be in bad shape. inside it had water damage in the corner below that front seam, adn the previous owner had run into a pole wiht it, taking off one of the steps. It had been put back on, but it creaked and didn't feel sturdy.
The one I am buying, hopefully if all goes well, has its issues too, but I am hoping they are all repairable and reasonable. I am not rich and I am no longer able to work, so I am hoping with a few repairs, this camper will last me for a while.
I was so thrilled to find this site! There is so much good information and friendly people! I am hoping to meet some of you on the road!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trailer life

Trailers are an excellent investment, unlike many other things one buys, there is nothing that you can't fix and surprisingly the cost are not too high.

We bought a 1982 for the sole purposes of going to Labrador, recognizing our Motorhome would never make it, and now we love it. We spent 10 of the last 12 months in it successfully doing Labrador and a follow up loop of the United States.

We continue to modify it to our needs and plan on having it for years.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 15.5 SB with added shower

Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #3

SUN #880
ronnyr
I learned about trailers with my first one; an old Aristocrat. Bought it without knowing a thing and ended up rebuilding the entire back of it. It has served it's purpose, but now it is time to upgrade a little. I have trouble climbing over the dog these days in the little 18 footer. I fell last year and broke the dinette table trying to climb over him. He's now 12 and doesn't move too fast either!
I am surprised you travel in a little trailer. That's amazing! We have taken many trips in ours since we have had it. It was only supposed to be for a trip to a class reunion. We go about five times a year now; each time for about a week and a half or more.
Our trip this year is going to be to Colorado and then back through the Midwest to Florida. If we can't make all of the necessary repairs before we go, we will finish when we return or work on them while on the road. We went to Tennessee last year and had a plumbing line to the bathtub break and then the sewer valve started leaking badly. the year before that, the water heater went and flooded teh entire trailer. It has been an adventure and at one time, when I was feeling better, I had hoped to restore my Aristocrat. But now I am afriad it will have to become someone else's project! Everything still works in it including the a/c and refrigerator!
Thanks for replying to my post! Maybe we'll see you on the road sometime!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
So what model is it????
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #5

SUN #880
ronnyr
I believe it is a 2453 . . . in the past month I have looked at a 2373 (i think that's what it was) a 2553, and one that's 27 foot, but I can't remember the number. I have really looked at many, many trailers in the past few months.