Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
DEB

SUN #270
DEB
NEWBIE HEREN NEED ADVICE

HI, MY HUSBAND AND I PURCHASED A LEFT OVER 2006 2363 THIS PAST FALL. WE HAVE YET TO PICK IT UP FROM DEALERS. WE PURCHASED A 1999 YUKON THAT HAS 90,000 MILES , TO PULL TRAILER, BUT NOW HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF LOOKING FOR A NEW TV . I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IMPUT , AS WE ARE ROOKIES TO TOWING AND PLAN ON GOING ALL OVER EVEN TO ALASKA. WHAT WE CAN'T USE IS A PICK UP BECAUSE WE HAVE DOGS. LEANING TOWARDS AN SUV LIKE THE JEEP WITH THE HEMI , OR THE TAHOE OR DARANGO. LIKE EVERYONE,WE WOULD LIKE TO USE THE LEAST GAS POSSIBLE BUT I DON'T WANT DEASEL. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE US SOME ADVICE I'D APPRECIATE IT AS THE DEALERS HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT THAT THEIR AUTO WILL DO THE JOB. READ TOO MANY HORROR STORIES AND DON'T WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM. THE 2363 IS JUST OVER 4000 LBS AND IS 24' LONG IF THAT HELPS ANY.THANKS DSMITH5325@AOL.COM[/b]

Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Deb,

Your 2006 T-2363 has a GVWR of 5,500 lbs, therefore, I would say you would be good with any tow vehicle that had a tow rating of 6,000 lbs or better.

The tow rating on your 1999 Yukon is dependent on the engine size and gears. If you have the larger V8 engine in it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Just make sure you get a good WD hitch with anti-sway control and you should be ok.

We used to have a T-2670 that had a GVWR of 7,000 lbs. Towed it with a Ford E-150 conversion van with 5.4L engine with no problems. We took a trip out west and to the Canadian Rockies with no problem towing.

Hope this helps.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #3

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Hey Deb! Welcome to the forum!!!!
We tow our Que with a Grand Cherokee (not hemi, however) and it does OK. Are you looking at new GC? Watch the tounge weight! We really wanted a 1950, and according to the "tow limits' we could have towed it, but the Tounge weight was just too close for comfort. (We are currenty replacing our rear springs) Personally, if I would be uncomfortable towing anything larger/ longer with our Grand for manuver-bility (sp?) I would want something bigger and heavier. Just a thought!