Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #1

SUN #8887
ddunn is an unknown quantity at this point
New to us Sunline Saturn T-1740

We just purchased a Sunline Saturn T-1740. It has water damage and we are removing the siding to see how extensive the damage is. Took a break in the middle of this post to finish taking the siding off and although it's not too bad, it looks like we will be taking the roof off too. It took two days and a gazillion screws and staples to get the sides off. I'm betting the roof isn't any easier.

More later!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the SOC and good luck with fixing your water damage. If you need questions answered, this is the place for it.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #3

SUN #8887
IF I have questions? LOL. I will definately have questions I spent the afternoon removing ceramic tile from inside to see what kind of floor damage we have. Not exactly sure why they put ceramic in there but at least they didnt use grout. Next we have to remove the bathroom, frig cabinet and closet. Then we can pull down part of the ceiling to start replacing some framing. Really, the damage isnt terrible. But it sure is time consuming to disassemble. It will definately be more fun to paint, make new cusion covers and decorate than it has been to scrape ten tons of putty and unstaple the thing. I already have a pile of new things like putty tape, stp, acitone, gloves, etc. Any hints on disassembeling or replacing framing?

We live in a drought stricken area of Georgia. The only good thing about no rain is maybe we can get it closed back up before we get rain. I have been taking pics of the process as we go. I'll try to post them later.

Thanks for the great site. There is a lot of great info here!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #4

SUN #7329
Offgrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Been working on mine all summer - this working 8 hours a day is really cutting into my play time Mine had really bad damage to the bath area, took it all the way down... http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/members/7329-albums554-picture4371.html
"And so ... the adventure begins"
Offgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #5

SUN #8887
Yes, working full time really does get in the way!
Old 10-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #6

SUN #8887
Well, Offgrid--looks like we will be working on our rv for a while too. We ran into a snag when trying to remove the fixtures so we decided to take up a piece of wood in the floor the previous owner replaced and have a peek to see how good/bad hey were. We've got some rot in the back on the "good" side of the trailer. We've ordered a canopy to go over the trailer because we will be taking off the roof and the other side to fix the bad framing material. This will actually solve the "snag" we ran into. We were trying to remove the fixtures, had all the screws out (we thought) but realized they were also screwed in under the roofing material. We thought about using a sawsall, but finally decided just to take it all apart. We need to fix all the seals on everything on the roof anyway. So--lots of work ahead. At least we can't complain of being bored!